• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sequencing VSL Strings - Hopelessly Lost

Share/Bookmark

Sequencing VSL Strings - Hopelessly Lost

I'm having a very difficult time trying to get a nice sound out of the strings. If I just want a simple phrase with an attack, decrescendo and release, how do I do that? do I start with sustain patch and keyswitch to legato? well my problem is the legato notes also have an attack, even though I'm overlapping the end/start of the notes.

Re: Sequencing VSL Strings - Hopelessly Lost

Which Vienna string library do you have? What patch are you using?

How many velocity layers does the legato patch have? Perhaps you need to play softer or avoid triggering the louder samples.

Did you post your concern on the Vienna site?

Good luck.

Marko

Have you tried using the Velocity Crossfade feature? This will make volume control as well as the timbre much more even and provide better control. What it does is rely on a knob or wheel such as your Modwheel by use of a CC number instead of using velocity on your keyboard to detect volume and the sample to be used. You can then make nice swells easily.
    Austin Haynes
    Sales and Technical Support
    ILIO

Why don't you post an mp3 example of you're having problems with? That should make it easier to get more specific responses.

Quote Originally Posted by composingkeys3 View Post
    Have you tried using the Velocity Crossfade feature? This will make volume control as well as the timbre much more even and provide better control. What it does is rely on a knob or wheel such as your Modwheel by use of a CC number instead of using velocity on your keyboard to detect volume and the sample to be used. You can then make nice swells easily.
    this was exactly it. I found a project demo on the VSL website which was most helpful.

thanks guys.

Go Back to forum