• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen!

Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen!

Out of fun and curiosity I made a rendering of the famous aria of the Queen of the Night from Mozart's opera Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), both with and without a sampled voice for the melody. And to turn it into a real karaoke version, I added the lyrics, so you can sing along, if you're brave or foolish enough to try. Orchestral samples are GPO4, voice is Irena Brochin from Papelmedia.

Re: Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen!

Rather good and funny...... nice to end the day.

Very well done, Theo -- very well rendered and conducted.

Incidentally, as my natural singing voice is a high soprano,
    I thoroughly enjoyed singing along.

I think you may well be onto something, by the way.
    Karaoke Mozart could be the next big thing...

David Sosnowski

Southern Ontario, Canada

Good job on this Theo!
    And what a lovely voice has wee Irena Brochin!~thanks for introducing me! The flute sample is outstanding too and my only problem with these SF files is having a good. dependable and stable player to host them. I am using one now called Safron after some dreadful crashes with older players. Except for the ability too sing actual words (in theory), the Prima voice cost $100 and is quirky to say the least, whereas Irena sounds better, is simpler to use and free!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Thanks guys. It was an inspiring thing to do. Mozart's writing is really something. Every element is so simple, yet the combination is marvelous. If Mozart Karaoke carries of, I'm considering a Wagner Karaoke, or a perhaps a Ligeti Karaoke...

About the conducting: I matched the levels (more or less) and the tempi to a recording I have. That showed some surprises too. I expected more fluctuations and breaks in the tempo, but the conductor keeps a steady 143bpm for the first 1'30" or so.

BTW, the mp3s can be downloaded from my soundclick page. They are free, but you're obliged to make a recording with your own voice and submit it to this forum; no, just kidding. And for the interested, I can send you the MIDI file.

So much fun my feet are still tinkling! Great rendering here ta boot. Since my natural voice sounds like a flute anyway, this was great to sing along with.
    Thanks again for such a treat!

I sang along with it and the cops showed up and arrested me for attempting to destroy a building without a permit.

I guess they just didn't understand my voice!

Nicely done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Suburban NYC

Hey Theo,

Great fun ... haven't been around so I almost missed this! Glad I didn't.

I too sang along, but through an old bassoon reed I had laying around (and, no, I don't play bassoon ... don't ask!)

That was quite enjoyable! The rendering is very nice, especially the runs sounds very realistic! I went to an all-Mozart concert once and was surprised how engaging the music is, especially when played live. You captured that "Mozart" essence very nicely! Thanks for comments on Summer on Oak Street.

The rendering of the orchestra is excellent!
    You're a fine Mozart conductor.
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast