• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legal Sound File Sharing

Share/Bookmark

Legal Sound File Sharing

I have an idea that might promote more legal sharing and development but I don\'t know how to accomplish it.

Consider this circumstance: two people have each legitimately purchased the same soundware for their GigaStudio. One of them has edited some of that soundware\'s features to improve its playability or dimensions layout and wishes to share that improvement with the other person. More generally, the sharing could be done with all persons who are licensed owners of the same soundware package.

I sense in comments made from time-to-time over the last year that there may be many composers willing to share their soundware improvements with other legal owners. How might such exchanges be done legally so that non-licensees cannot steal?

Does anyone see any moral, ethical, or legal problems with this proposal?

clueless

Re: Legal Sound File Sharing

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    Sure, this is an easy one.....save an articulation file of all your tweaks and trade those.

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you tell me what is in those articulation files? I presume they are incomplete so they can they be posted.

clueless

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clueless:
    Can you tell me what is in those articulation files? I presume they are incomplete so they can they be posted.

clueless
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Articulations are basically everything BUT the samples themselves (loop info/keymapping layers etc)
    absolutely useless (and therefore legal?) to anybody who doesn\'t own the original samples..there you go..clear as mud

We have some on our page for some of our samples.....

The idea behind it is that as features are added to the editor we like to program new features into our existing sounds. Then we post them on our site and users can download them and apply them to there samples.

Donnie

Another good example of \'need a comprehensive manual/tutorial please!\'

Sure, this is an easy one.....save an articulation file of all your tweaks and trade those.

Donnie

I quite agree.

by the way, mud is not clear.

Sharing articulations may be very useful for the GigaStudio community. I (and it appears that others as well) need an education on articulations. We also need a place to post them or trade them.

Any suggestions?

clueless

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by esperlad:
    I quite agree.

by the way, mud is not clear.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and neither am i (sometimes)

Go Back to forum