• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My new workstation desktop - I finally have the ergonimics I have been looking for!

Share/Bookmark

My new ergonomic workstation desktop

A friend of mine helped build me a new desktop for my 10 year old Omnirax and I wanted to .........show it off because I am SO happy with it. I finally have a slide out shelf that slides over my keyboard bed for better ergonomics. I gutted out my Studiologic 88-note keyboard and the pitchbend/modwheel and installed it in the new desktop. I am definitely a happy camper!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: My new workstation desktop - I finally have the ergonimics I have been looking f

Very nice set-up!!
    I love it.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: My new workstation desktop - I finally have the ergonimics I have been looking f

Great!

I'd love to have such a perfect desk...
    A question about your keyboard, what model is it? (I have a Studiologic VMK 188 plus and wonder about the not wery well placed joystick)

everything looks great, but the phone should be right on the desk so you can easily call tech support for that PC every five minutes!!!

Just kidding, it looks awesome man.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

The reason the slide shelf is virtually flush with the keyboard (1/8") is due to the me removing the 88-note keybed from my studiologic SL-990. it was VERY easy and pretty difficult to dammage unless you are real careless. There are only 3 connectors total in the Studiologic. Two ribbons go from the keybed to a small circuit board and another wire connector goes from the pitch/mod wheel to the circuit board. I never have a need to use the 4 buttons on the studiologics top panel, but just in case it is hidden behind the keybed under the sliding shelf, which slides smoothly on plastic waxed slides.....which is very simple. Here is a picture of the keybed slighlty outside the desk so you can see how I chopped the button area of the studiologic top for the occasion when I need to access one of the 4 buttons. I also left the front studiologic casing in front of the keybed, but had to cut the metal to make it even in length with the keys. All of this only took an afternoon and was quit easy with the correct tools. As you can see by the cut studiologic top I am not a skilled carpenter, but I got it done regardless.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

Smile Re: My new workstation desktop - I finally have the ergonimics I have been looking f

Oh Come on, You've missed out the candle holders AND where is the sink ?
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Nice! (Especially the integrated keyboard mod!) Makes me feel even worse looking at my own disaster area of a studio. Can't wait to move this wreck to a better spot and reorganize it.

Very nice! Why are your alt speakers facing away from your sweet spot tho? Also, isn't your main speaker set placed a little too wide, I'd think your stereo center will start to disappear. Great looking tho, I have wet dreams of integrating my master keyboard into my desk like that.

When I build a brand new desk from scratch next year I plan on making a place for all my monitors to sit in better places, but until then I just have to be extra careful with my stereo placement.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

That is a fantastic arrangement, congrats! Having done the workstation dance a number of times, I am most impressed and may try to hack into my controller and see if I can get a similar setup. I run into the added variable of preferring a standing desk setup (with the option of sitting in a workstool at standing height for long typing sessions or programming work).

Again, great work!

-chris

Principal Researcher, Audio Genetics Lab
    http://audiogeneticslab.com

Go Back to forum