• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can any software do this?

Share/Bookmark

Can any software do this?

I'm wondering if there is any software (I'm on a Mac, but I'd be interested to know on PC also) that can record a vocal from mic imput and transform that into MIDI data (notes and tempo), which I can then assign to a sound sample? I'm not prolific at keyboard nor guitar, though I compose with both of them. It takes me time to work out with my motor skills what I want to play. I can do it, and do of course, but if there was software that I could just use my voice and it would transpose that into midi, I would like such.

Re: Can any software do this?

Yep - Cubase 5.0 will do it with its Vari-audio feature and so will "Melodyne (I think its called but I've not tried it)"
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Yes, I too can suggest Melodyne. Both the Studio and Editor versions do that. Read more here:
    http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.ph...uct_comparison

If you have Cubase and VariaAudio, you already have the manuals, but here's a link to a little video on that feature: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF44ToYhaBg

Hope that helps..................frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

i'm pretty sure Logic does it. It won't be perfect at times, but it will work.

If you have logic search for the sflogicninja on youtube - he is the man.

Here is his page sflogicninja
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    i'm pretty sure Logic does it. It won't be perfect at times, but it will work.

If you have logic search for the sflogicninja on youtube - he is the man.

Here is his page sflogicninja

Ahem! What am I chopped liver?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    Ahem! What am I chopped liver?
    Time to get a YouTube presence Jay!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by LFO View Post
    Time to get a YouTube presence Jay!

-Kevin
    How about a blog?

Actually I think David Earle aka SFLogic Ninja does a nice job and I even gave him an acknowledgement in my book.

www.jayasher.com

You need to do videos. That is the best way. It's so much easier to follow - plus reading online strains your eyes, so no one really wants to do it for too long.
    -Keith Fuller

---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    You need to do videos. That is the best way. It's so much easier to follow - plus reading online strains your eyes, so no one really wants to do it for too long.
    Nah, I'll leave that to David Earle. I want to appeal to a crowd that still likes to read

www.jayasher.com

Well put it this way - if I was going to buy a Logic book, and David Earle had one, that's who I'd buy it from.

You might be 10 times more knowledgeable than him, but I know from watching his videos that he's got his stuff down.

Either way, there are so many people out there who are Logic experts. You should try something to show off your skills to people that haven't heard of you. It could only help.
    -Keith Fuller

---

Go Back to forum