• Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Symphobia 2 is comming

Share/Bookmark

Symphobia 2 is comming

http://www.projectsam.com/Home

Great video, and great sounds.

Re: Symphobia 2 is comming

Not much of an offer for current Symphobia owners though. They want you to pay full price for version 2, and all you get is a 150 MB bonus. Their claim is S2 is a new product.....well fine, but IMHO, other companies have released products with new content and not charged current owners full price. Very disappointing to me anyway......frank

From their web site:
    02 Is there an upgrade path from Symphobia to Symphobia 2?
    Symphobia 2 is not a replacement for Symphobia. It is a unique product. This is why there is no upgrade path. Owners of both Symphobia and Symphobia 2 will have access to an exclusive bonus patch. Read more about this on the product page.

03 Are there benefits for Symphobia users who purchase Symphobia 2?
    Yes! All registered users who own both Symphobia and Symphobia 2 can download an exclusive 150 MB bonus patch with Violincelli & Doublebasses Effects. Read more about this on the product page.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Thumbs down Re: Symphobia 2 is comming

[QUOTE=playz123;654562]Not much of an offer for current Symphobia owners though. They want you to pay full price for version 2, and all you get is a 150 MB bonus. Their claim is S2 is a new product.....well fine, but IMHO, other companies have released products with new content and not charged current owners full price. Very disappointing to me anyway......frank

Totally agree.
    Rich

But,

Does anybody knows if Symphobia 2 include all the material from symphobia ?

It seems except for the name that are completely different products

Best.

Re: "....Symphobia 2 include all the material from symphobia ?"

No, it does not. As mentioned above, it is considered to be a new unique product.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

While I totally believe that Project Sam make top shelf instruments I can't afford them. It's impossible for me to lay out over $1400 for 1 library. I recently added to my orchetral pallette with Kirk Hunter's Diamond package. It cost $300 with the sale he had going on. I also own EW Gold Pro XP and Vienna SE and Extended.

I also agree that a loyalty discount for Symphobia 1 owners would be a bit of a perk. Between the two versions you're into almost 3000 bucks. That's a lot of cash for most people.

Again, no disrespect to Project Sam. I suppose we'll see if the market will barre it.

2 cents,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

The fact of the matter is, even though people bitched about the price of Symphobia, a lot of people bought it. The thing is this product is specifically for professionals (or rich hobbyists) and we have to remember it wasn't so long ago when EWQLSO Platinum was $3000. Even now, Sonivox's full symphonic collection is priced at $2999. Yes, it's a big bite but just because we cannot afford a product doesn't mean the developer has to cut costs to make it palletable to everyone and their mother-in-law. Project SAM had development and operating costs and they priced this product accordingly.

Yes, I would have liked a little incentive to buy this product as I own Symphobia- BUT, they also just released ver 1.2 of the original with 2gbs of new and revised samples and a lot of new programs. FREE. And their stuff sounds killer. There's no fluff in their products. I also own Classic Brass and it's solid.

Yes, it's expensive, but for me, over the past couple of years Symphobia 1 has paid for itself many times over and I'm sure Symphobia 2 will be a similar investment.

Pre-ordered yesterday.

Good orchestral stuff is usually expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    I also agree that a loyalty discount for Symphobia 1 owners would be a bit of a perk. Between the two versions you're into almost 3000 bucks. That's a lot of cash for most people.
    $2548 if you already own S1. And EWQL Plat was originally $4,000 - but $6,500 incl. the pro exp ugrade.

You guys have to realize something. The sample lib dev business is just that - a business. We are not dealing with non-profit orginizations here. Or at least, we are dealing with companies that are trying not to be such. Before anyone complains about orchestral pricing - do some research. Find out how much it costs to record with an 80-piece orchestra for just a day. It is not cheap. And everyone needs to understamd that a dev needs to make an honest attempt to at least recoup the money laid out.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hayat View Post
    Good orchestral stuff is usually expensive.

$2548 if you already own S1. And EWQL Plat was originally $4,000 - but $6,500 incl. the pro exp ugrade.

You guys have to realize something. The sample lib dev business is just that - a business. We are not dealing with non-profit orginizations here. Or at least, we are dealing with companies that are trying not to be such. Before anyone complains about orchestral pricing - do some research. Find out how much it costs to record with an 80-piece orchestra for just a day. It is not cheap. And everyone needs to understamd that a dev needs to make an honest attempt to at least recoup the money laid out.

Cheers.
    I understand that EW used to be $6500 and the Vienna Cube was over 10k. Over the years sample developers have lowered their prices dramtically. EW almost gives there stuff away at times and have still managed to buy Cello studios and have Phillipe Starck re-design the interior. The only two companies, too me, that have really stood their ground are Project Sam and Vienna. I'm not complaining about the price. I am simply stating that it is too much for me. Therefore EW or Native Instruments will get my smaller amount of dough. You're absolutely right that this is a business. No one's asking Project Sam to give away their software. It just seems that there are some alternatives to orchestral samples (not apples to apples I know, but still produce great results) that are close to 1/10 the price.

Respectfully,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast