• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS4 x64 + VE Pro dongle issue

GS4 x64 + VE Pro dongle issue

Hi all

I am wondering if anyone has heard of a fix for the steinberg dongle issue with GS4 no longer finding the GS4 license on the dongle, even when you have e-licenser open and can see the GS4 license clearly there? There is some discussion at the VSL site. I have a WinXP x64 machine with GS4 and it ran just fine until last year I got VE Pro and installed it on that slave PC. WHen I upgraded the steinberg dongle drivers it no longer would allow GS4 to start up, saying:

Cannot complete operation without the Gigastudio4 Licence
    please plug in the USB dongle containing the Gigastudio4 Licence
    and then
    SYNSOACC.dll does not have the expected interface
    there is some lame suggestions from e-licenser to reinstall elicenser which of course doesnt do diddly. Just wondering if anyone here has found a solution to this
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer

Re: GS4 x64 + VE Pro dongle issue

Same problem here.

I've been trying to launch GS4 on a new Win7 (64-bit) machine, but Giga refuses to see the dongle (same error messages). I know that the dongle works, because I can launch Cubase 5.5 with no trouble.

I noticed that even the newest eLicenser software is 32-bit and gets installed automatically into the (x86) folder... I thought that that might have something to do with it.

— alanb

Re: GS4 x64 + VE Pro dongle issue

Just came across the below-appended post. Loathe as I am to poke around in the registry (especially with a new-to-me-OS), I'm seriously considering trying it.

I wonder why they refer to the "64-bit version of the syncrosoft/eLicenser" since, as I wrote above, there is only a single file available for download, which was automatically installed into the (x86) folder of my 64-bit system...???

Anyway, here's the post:
    The 64-bit version of the syncrosoft/eLicenser driver has the syncrosoft information that GVI is looking for in a different registry location than the 32 bit version of the driver, so when GVI goes to look for it, the info is not there.

The 64 bit registry location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\SynUSB64\Enum

...whereas GVI is looking for...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\SynasUSB\Enum

This latter entry therefore needs to be created, and contain the same values as what is in the former entry.

To do this, Click on Start>RUN>type in regedit

Navigate to the following registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\SynUSB64

Right click on the SynUSB64 folder and select export to export this particular registry key to a .reg file. It doesn't matter what the name of the file is as long as it has the .reg extension. Save the export to a location easy to find such as the Desktop.

Right click on the exported .reg file on the Desktop and select Edit.

Change every instance of the word SynUSB64 to SynasUSB

Save the file. Then double click on the .reg file on the desktop and it will import into the registry.

You can check the registry to see that the following key has been created along with the folder structure identical to the SynUSB64 key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\SynasUSB
    — alanb

Go Back to forum