• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX Users - can you rename presets?

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX Users - can you rename presets?

Hi, all!

If you own Stylus RMX, could you please help. Quite a few VSTs allow the user to rename the VST presets (patches). Is it possible to do so with Stylus RMX, and if so, what is the procedure?

Thank you!

Re: Stylus RMX Users - can you rename presets?

I have a sneaky feeling that if you tried to rename elements outside of RMX (say in Windows Explorer) you'd corrupt the database.
    But if you make use of favourites & the edit buffer suite, you can rename presets.

I think the RMX 1.7 upgrade video covers this in detail.
    Hope that helps
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Hi,

I have renamed, copied and modified stuff inside the user library area. Upon next restart Stylus sees it correctly. There is no database.

However, I cannot speak for the factory contents area.

regards,
    Andreas

Thank you, guys. It's the factory content, which has some preset names I do not like, which I would like to rename. Is there no rename option anywhere?

I'm not near my DAW at the moment but check out the video I suggested.
    From memory, if you put factory presets into your favourites you can rename them.
    It's a good working practice anyway, then you have your customised multis or groove suites for each track/project.

You don't like some of the names??
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Hi, Neil: Yeah, some of the names (not gonna say which ones) are not sitting well with me. I have registered my displeasure with Spectrasonics about a year ago, so, perhaps, they listened? Strange how easily software makers alienate customers Should have gone the V-Station way and named all the presets Dance-1, Bass-2, etc

Please, be so kind, and check if you can rename the factory presets. It is of little use to have a "favorites" folder with presets named the way I want, if the offensive factory presets cannot be permanently renamed. Can factory presets be deleted, by the way?

Thank you for your time!

Won't have time to check at the moment - but have a look at your private messages.

Can anyone else help HiThere - I'm up to my neck in work at the moment!!!!!

Afterthoughts -
    1: So if you registered your displeasure, did you ask Spectrasonics if they could be renamed?

2: Very quick check - Select the name of a suite you don't like, add to favourites, go into edit buffer suite, select an element and ALT mouse (PC) - rename to suit - go on to next element - save favourite as your own suite. No time at the moment to go deeper and change the orig suite
    Last edited by NeilB; 08-07-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Afterthoughts
    Neil B

Go Back to forum