• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Good Omnisphere Programmers Out There Willing to Help Me Create Sweeps?

Share/Bookmark

Any Good Omnisphere Programmers Out There Willing to Help Me Create Sweeps?

Noise sweeps, up down, toneless, or with a tone....

The stuff you hear in 3 our 5 pop songs nowadays. I know, everyone says "they're easy, you can make 'em yourself..." but if you don't know how, you don't know how.

If there's anyone out there that give me a solid starting point for this, I'd be willing to pay them millions of dollars. Well, OK, maybe not...but...would really appreciate any help here.

Thanks
    TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: Any Good Omnisphere Programmers Out There Willing to Help Me Create Sweeps?

Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
    Noise sweeps, up down, toneless, or with a tone....

The stuff you hear in 3 our 5 pop songs nowadays. I know, everyone says "they're easy, you can make 'em yourself..." but if you don't know how, you don't know how.

If there's anyone out there that give me a solid starting point for this, I'd be willing to pay them millions of dollars. Well, OK, maybe not...but...would really appreciate any help here.

Thanks
    TH
    I don't think I have the time, but what I can suggest as a starting point for you is to load up an existing sweep patch and experiment by changing up the soundsources. You might accidentally end up getting something you want!

Rob

Have you tried searching for a preset with the keyword "sweep"?
    It might get you close to where you're trying to go with your sound.
    Spectrasonics are always open to hear users' requests for new presets they (Spectrasonics) can add to the existing ones.
    I'm no sound designer and basically search for the sounds I need and only slightly modify them using the basic parameters so I can't help you out anymore than this.
    Good luck
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

If you have Stylus RMX, check out the "Reverse Cymbals Must Die" video at http://support.spectrasonics.net/ins...ial-videos.php

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

GlennO, I think he specifically asked about Omnisphere.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Hey thanks to all...>Glenn, nice tip! Yes I can use that in RMX....

Still, I'd love to find someone who really knows how to do this ...from nothing...Glenn, any chance of a getting a tutorial up on the subject? Start us from the init sound when Omni opens up and take us through the whole process, showing how to do it with just noise, and then how to add a tone to it, etc.....

Thanks
    Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

its actually not that hard to create a noise sweep in Omni.
    Simply select a synth oscillator and the noisewaveform. Activate the filter and set it to hipass or lowpass depending on the type of sweep you want to achieve, set the cutoff to a minimum and crank the envelope knob all the way up.
    Then select the filter envelope and set the attack and decay to max and the sustain to zero.
    Hold a note on your keyboard and bingo.
    You can experiement with setting the envelope knob to negative values or if you want your sweep to cycle in a loop you can rightclick on the cutoff knob and modulate it with an LFo instead of using the envelope knob. You can also apply some resonance to the filter but be aware that high settings might can sound pretty intense so keep the volume down during experimentation!
    Hope that helps!

best
    Hans

Go Back to forum