• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nemesys, we deserve an explanation!!

Share/Bookmark

Nemesys, we deserve an explanation!!

Nemesys Music,

I can\'t believe what I\'m reading on this forum. There isn\'t an instruction manual with the GigaStudio upgrade? What gives? What does this say about Nemesys supporting their \"customer\'s investment\" in the Gigasampler product line? You won\'t even give us an instruction manual? So, I guess we have to spend $700 for the \"full\" version to get the instruction manual?? Or how much are you going to squeeze out of each of us to buy an instruction manual from you??...what a rip off!! Where\'s the professionalism in all this??

I think it\'s time to get some response from the people of Nemesys...we (your customers) deserve an explanation! Let\'s hear from YOU!! ;(

Re: Nemesys, we deserve an explanation!!

I\'d prefer a hard copy of the manual, but someone at Nemesys did tell me there is an electronic version on the GigaStudio CD. I guess that\'s better than nothing. If that\'s true, I\'ll just print the sections I need most. Maybe they\'re just trying to save a few more trees.

Happy music!
    Ron

They\'re not going to save any trees at all by putting the printing burden on thousands of users, who typically use much larger sheets of paper and print on only one side of the paper at a time.

On second reading of my original post, I think I came across a little too strong (harsh). As you can see, I wrote the original post late at night, and needless to say I was very tired when I wrote it. I probably could have stated my \"concerns\" a little better. So, my apologies to Nemesys if my original post didn\'t come across as I had intended.

I am still very disappointed that Nemesys is not included a \"paper\" instruction manual as they did with Gigasampler. I\'ve purchased several other upgrades in the past. The \"Cakewalk Pro\" upgrade, for example, didn\'t come in the nice color box, but they did at least enclose an instruction manual with the CD.

Anyway, I just wanted to smooth things over a bit. Sorry for my childish remarks.

Boomer,

Hope this hasn\'t reached you too late. Here was the philosophy with docmentation and on-line help for the new GigaStudio products.

The full version of the GigaStudio comes with a printed \'Getting Started .. \' manual. The upgrades ($149.00) come with an electronic version of the same manual on the CD-ROM (PDF format). This manual is for the first time user. We have put some basic things in here that should get you and running. There are also new features of the Editor that we wanted to draw to your attention.

The meat of the documentation is on-line. Since we have a computer-based product, there are some really nice features with an integrated help system, which are not possible with a more traditional printed
    manual. The application, the editor, the effects modules, all come with a context sensitve help system. This should allows the power user to quickly look up information without thumbing through a manual.

On the surface it may look like you are missing something, but take some time and look under the hood and see if the overall experience isn\'t better. Hope this helps.

Joe (NemeSys)

Joe,

Actually, the idea of an \"integrated\" help system sounds VERY attractive. I know how frustrating it is to spend hours thumbing thru a thick manual looking for that one hard-to-find answer. My original thought was that you were giving us a 10MB help file that we would have to scroll through. Again, my apologies for \"jumping the gun\".

But, this does sounds like a creative alternative to \"thick\" manuals. I know that most of my manuals end up collecting dust in the corner of my studio. Maybe now I\'ll find myself using the online manual more \"actively\" that with a paper manual. And like you said, I\'m sure this new approach will lead to a better overall experience. And ultimately, that\'s what is most important.

Thanks again for the feedback!!

-Boomer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boomer:
    Nemesys Music,

I can\'t believe what I\'m reading on this forum. There isn\'t an instruction manual with the GigaStudio upgrade? What gives? What does this say about Nemesys supporting their \"customer\'s investment\" in the Gigasampler product line? You won\'t even give us an instruction manual? So, I guess we have to spend $700 for the \"full\" version to get the instruction manual?? Or how much are you going to squeeze out of each of us to buy an instruction manual from you??...what a rip off!! Where\'s the professionalism in all this??

I think it\'s time to get some response from the people of Nemesys...we (your customers) deserve an explanation! Let\'s hear from YOU!! ;(

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your disappointment, but, on the other hand, it certainly is a lot easier on the environment to avoid using all that paper! Is the manual really necessary? The onscreen help is pretty good.

I would rather sacrifice the manual and save the trees. On the other hand, if hemp were used to make paper I wouldn\'t have to feel this way!

Jerry Gerber http://www.jerrygerber.com

Go Back to forum