• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT! Where has LouisD been.....?

OT! Where has LouisD been.....?

Hi everyone !

I hope it is not inappropriate for me to post this here. I have indeed not been around for at least a year, perhaps longer much longer.... I have missed the daily meeting here with friends and fellow music makers. But, it was necessary for me to take a long break from visiting this forum. The reason?

My lovely wife and I have been struggling to for many, many years to start a family and because of a number of medical reasons, were unable to do so. Living in a foreign country with a huge language barrier also made things more complicated. We finally managed with a lot of medical intervention and emotional stress to have our very own little one. He was born in January this year. You can imagine that at our age, both of us are past the 40 mark, it has been a huge change in our lives.......but a happy one. We are a little family now, what we’ve always wanted. Our little one, Dominic, is now almost 7 months old and keeping us very busy......

I have missed this forum and its wonderful members very much. I’m sure there are many new members that I haven’t met and I hope to continue to participate here more regularly.

Anyway, I hope you didn’t mind my posting this, but I felt a need to get back in and needed to explain why I have been absent for so long.......

So, here a little picture of us three.....

Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Southern Ontario, Canada

Re: OT! Where has LouisD been.....?

Hi there Louis;
    As a matter of fact, I have wondered from time to time, what you were up to, now I know!
    Congratulations on your expanded family, Dominic is as cute as can be!!!!
    Going from being just a couple, to being a couple with a child, is a big adjustment no matter what your age, even if you were both still in your 20's; but having a family is one of the most fulfilling things one can do in this life and you will be enriched and become more than you were before, trust me!
    I listened to quite a bit of your music when I looked you up last year and was very impressed, look forward to more from you now.

Take care,
    sd cisco

Hi Louis!

I have indeed been wondering where you were...

Welcome back and congratulations on your son's birth and having a family!!!

I would have been disappointed if you did NOT tell us the good news!

Dominic looks more like his mother, but who knows, he may take after you musically...
    keep an eye on him and let us know...

And in the meantime I hope we will get again to hear your own unique creations.

All the best to you all,

This is great to hear and I am glad all is well and you will be around now and then (between diaper changes, feedings, buying new clothes as he out grows the old, preparing financially for grade school, high school, college, grad school) Oops I digress.....

Anyway, Welcome back! Nice to hear from you.

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

I am so very pleased to see you back with us, Louis!

And with a new little one!

Many warmest congratulations on this wonderful news!

All my best,

David Sosnowski

Yes, we have missed you and your music, but understand your reasons
    for your recent absence.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition. I agree with Yudit, that he
    looks like his mother, but only time will prove that appraisal. Let's hope
    Dominic is a musical child and develops into a fine musician like his father.
    That would be super...........

Good to hear from you LouisD.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Wonderful news Louis,

May he bring you pride and joy.

Félicitations Louis.
    Il a une belle petite face ronde!

Hi. I think we haven't "met". You must have left just before I became active. The more the merrier!

Congratulations with your newborn. I hope you can give him all the love and care he needs. It can be tiring (I remember it well, even though it was 8 years ago for me), but is rewarding above all. From your remarks and names, I infer you're not Chinese. In that case, you've got a good opportunity to raise your child bilingual (mine is; I'm Dutch, the mother is Spanish). It's not hard, but try to speak to people who have done so in similar conditions. If it works out, it's a great gift.

Let the journey begin!

Wonderful news. Enjoy every minute of your new chapter.

Al the best,
    Ron Pearl

Go Back to forum