• Register
  • Help

Topic: Are Powercore & sonnox plugs running within Gigastudio 4?

Are Powercore & sonnox plugs running within Gigastudio 4?

I am planning to purchase a powercore X8 Sonnox Edition but I would like to secure first that the Sonnox VST plugs will work fine with gigastudio 4.

My set-up is the following:
    - 2 computers from visiondaw builds professional audio PCs.
    One running on XP64 which I use only with gigastudio 4 to be used with the powercore.
    The second unit is running samplitude 11 pro sequencer.
    Both PC are connected to each other with RME HDSP 9652 sounds cards.

I would like to use powercore X8 Sonnox Edition directly on the computer running Gigastudio ver.4 to immediately apply the powercore effects & Sonnox EQ & effects on the tracks played back by gigastudio.
    This would give me the flexibility to work mainly on midi tracks and to get the immediate audio signal with sonnox effects and EQs already applied.

PS: I know that gigastudio is a discontinued product but still included in a lot of current set-up.

Does anyone having an infor about this?

Re: Are Powercore & sonnox plugs running within Gigastudio 4?

Seems that no one is having information on that

Re: Are Powercore & sonnox plugs running within Gigastudio 4?

Just to let you know about the following and avoid any of you running into problems with Sonnox plugs and XP64. I just got the official answer from Sonnox support and want to share it with interested users of gigastudio 4 running with XP64 willing to use Sonnox plugs within this configuration.

To avoid any potential misunderstanding, Oxford plug-ins, whether PowerCore, VST or RTAS/Pro Tools TDM are not supported for use with Windows XP64.

I note that the title at the top of the Support bulletin says "Support - 64-bit support for Vista and Windows 7 users" and on our Compatibility page, we state VST support for "Windows XP / Vista - 32 & 64 bit / Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bit".

I will update our website page to show 'XP(32)' rather than just 'XP' to make this clearer.

I am aware of one user who had tried integrating with a Tascam GigaStudio ran into problems that we couldn't help with. I would not wish to mislead in any way that it is possible to use the native or PowerCore versions with this configuration.

I am very sorry that I cannot help further.

Go Back to forum