• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fast Heavy Guitar?

Share/Bookmark

Fast Heavy Guitar?

Does anyone know of any sample cd with an extremely heavy guitar? I\'m looking for something with plenty of up and down stroked chords that can be played quickly. I\'ve tried adding more distotion to already distorted guitars and also to acoustic guitar patches. Nothing sounds natural or even halfway decent once I speed things up. ...Perhaps I should just wait for revalver?

Re: Fast Heavy Guitar?

You should check out the Steve Stevens Guitar CD in the clearance area of Soundsonline. It\'s only $29. Use the Chicken Translator and you have some heavy guitars for Gigastudio. The recording is dated but it\'s hard to beat the price.

clueless

Have you used it? I\'ve listened to the mp3 demo of steve stevens but from what I heard it dosen\'t seem to has what I need. Perhaps the demo dosen\'t do it justice. I guess for 30 bucks I can give it a try. I\'m looking for rhythm guitar along the lines of say Napalm Death or Sepultura to accompany my string quartet made with dan dean + x-sample strings....yes I know I make bizarre music

Try: http://www.sonicimplants.com and listen to their Les Paul Demo. Might be what you are looking for?

regards

------------------
    O.H.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by firegod:
    I\'m looking for rhythm guitar along the lines of say Napalm Death or Sepultura to accompany my string quartet made with dan dean + x-sample strings....yes I know I make bizarre music <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For my Max Cavelera impressions i\'ve found it\'s not the samples but the mix/processing (got some rather believable results with Zimmer PRS + free soundfonts )..if you haven\'t allready, try dropping the mids (V shape on a graphic) and double tracking (delay one side by 2-6ms) maybe cutting the low end on the bass...

used to be a guitarist y\'know

It doesn\'t have rhythm guitar but bits and pieces of stuff. If I payed $99 or more for it I would have been upset. I have not used it yet.

I just bought Max Strength Guitar from Nemesys. Very useable. I am using it in piece I am currently working on that\'s due in September. I would not call it heavy.

clueless

I\'m looking for rhythm guitar along the lines of say Napalm Death or Sepultura to accompany my string quartet made with dan dean + x-sample strings....yes I know I make bizarre music
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old post, but I\'ve got a reply for it now. Hopefully the person needing the information is still interested..

Bizarre music? Sounds quite normal to me. Of course, I\'m into the same type of music.

I\'ve found that recording an album by one\'s self entails a lot of work, and a lot of money. Call me Dave Mustaine, but I don\'t want to work with anyone else on it. I want to produce something that I can be proud of, that my friends will be impressed by, and perhaps, maybe get it out to a record company. Over the last two years, I\'ve gotten a pretty solid guitar sound, and have worked with various programs and synths and an E-Mu Virtuoso for my orchestral sounds. I\'ve also got Alesis drum modules and triggers, and all sorts of stuff crammed in this room.

ANYWAYS, I don\'t think that there\'s a sample library for very heavy guitars out there. I\'ve looked, because I thought that maybe I could sequence riffs that I came up with so they ended up perfect on the recording. I\'ll just have to make my own. Granted, this will be a long project, and hopefully not thankless. There\'s probably a couple of people that would be interested in it. I plan on doing sounds that you just can\'t get elsewhere (tremelo picking, ala black metal), detuned heavily distorted power chords (ala death metal), and whatever else I\'d need. I\'m going to try to get another friend in on it, to get some good lead tones on there. (I\'m *definitely* a rhythm player.)

Hopefully I\'ll have some time to devote to this project in the next month or so, if not for other people, then for myself.

Go Back to forum