• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scenery I - (Garritan solo piano)

Share/Bookmark

Scenery I - (Garritan solo piano)

This is the first scenery out. Hope you like.

http://web.comhem.se/jonasberglundmusik/scenery_i.mp3

/Jonte

Re: Scenery I - (Garritan solo piano)

Hi Jonte;
    You know something? I understand this music and I can relate to it. There was a time when the piano was my only instrument and had to be able to bear witness to all my musical thought. The melodic content here is minimalist in a sense, in that no more than a dozen notes can completely enunciate the thought and the telling of a succession of these meanings is how the thing unfolds. Do you listen to robins sing? I am not sure if you have them where you are but the regular north american robin we have around here is very, very evocative and some of the older ones have a great deal to say. In the evening at dusk I have heard them go on and on, never repeating entire phrases, but sometimes using the same "word" many times. I wish I knew what they are saying!
    Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Thanks for listening sd cisco! I´m not familiar with robins sing.
    I will check it out.

Best regards
    Jonte

Jonte,
    may I suggest that you purchase the Garritan Steinway and use it instead of the piano that is included with GPO.

The tuning and sound of the Basic Steinway is superior to this GPO piano and is only 99 bucks. If you play piano you will really enjoy it.

Also, I wanted to make sure that folks did not assume that this is the Garritan Steinway.

Dan

Nice piece. I cannot say it as poetically as sd cisco, but it indeed has an evocative quality in its simplicity. It doesn't evoke happiness though. Did you have a specific scenery in mind while writing this? It "sounds" a bit like a hill, surrounded by forest, and a light fog under a setting autumn sun.
    Theo

DPDAN: I will check out the Steinway collection.
    FLWrd: Thanks! No, I have not a specific scenery in mind. When I was going to
    save the score, Scenery pops up. We will see what the other Scenery´s will
    make the mind think about.

Jonte, here is the link for your convenience...

http://garritan.com/store/shop/products/

Thanks for posting your music here in the Listening Room!
    Dan

Just a side note on the Garritan Authorized Steinway - Basic version. Prompted by Dan Kury, I bought this downloadable piano and it is the best $99 I ever spent on an instrument! Big, full, rich in texture and nuance, responsive and sweet to the ears - I highly recommend it!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hello, Jonte. Very interesting piece you have here! I enjoy the simple, but wandering quality it has. I can certainly imagine a peaceful walk with lush grasses, and perhaps sparse trees. It's is difficult to stop myself from trying to apply an image to it, especially when you name it "Scenery I"

Thanks for the enjoyable listen!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum