• Register
  • Help

Topic: updating to GPO 4.02

updating to GPO 4.02

I'm having problems updating my GPO libraries from 4.0 to 4.02 ....

I have downloaded the 964MB updater file and it runs OK. But, although the Aria Player updates OK, I am told that the necessary files for the library are not found and therefore no further updating takes place. Please advise. I am on a MacPro Intel, running Mac OS 10.5.8, and my Garritan library is on a separate drive.

Re: updating to GPO 4.02

Hello Henry,

I'm on a Windows system although I imagine the install process is the same as the Mac.

It sounds as if you didn't use the default location when installing your GPO4 libraries. The 4.02 update is therefore unable to find them.

As far as I know there is no way of pointing the updater to your libraries path. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: updating to GPO 4.02

I am having the same problem. The links to the library are broken!

SOLVED! I moved the installation folder "Garritan_Personal_Orchestra_4.02" from my Mac's Documents folder to the default Applications folder, then reinstalled. Bingo. All the instruments and sounds decompressed.

The installer had initially "pretended" to install GPO 4 and Aria Player by reporting "The installation was successful."

So, now I have a working standalone player. Next challenge: build manual soundsets for Sibelius 5.

Go Back to forum