• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Please vote in the contest Gary Garritan is sponsoring

Share/Bookmark

Please vote in the contest Gary Garritan is sponsoring

You've probably seen the original thread about the "Orchestral Shootout" contest that started on the Sonar Forum. Here's that thread:

SHOOTOUT THREAD

And you may know that we had the voting poll going for only a short time when it was discovered there was a major problem with it. Some people were able to vote over and over despite measures taken to prevent multiple votes. We had to start over.

Now voting is being done by email. As expected, this has cut the number of votes WAY down - and it's a drag.

Please use the link in my signature, go to the Shootout site, and vote. Gary is giving away Garritan Libraries to the winners - SO there's a lot at stake.

EDIT: The email address for voting is:

orchestralshootout at hotmail dot com

TIPS FOR VOTING:

--Listen to the first few seconds of each entry and keep moving through the list. You'll be able to tell in just 5 seconds or so if an MP3 impresses you.

--Once you have your short list of "bests"---then give those a more thorough listening.

--Choose your 3 favorite MP3s, listing them in order of preference, and send that in to the email address found on the link below.

The contest was going so well. But our polling glitch has seemed to suck the fun out of it - If you join in, we can wrap it up on a high note instead instead of a low one.

Please join in!

Randy

Re: Please vote in the contest Gary Garritan is sponsoring

Randy,

I have a slightly problem with the voting... It says to list your the entries you want to vote for with the top one being your favorite. After given each entry a good listen, I found my self liking my own entry the best for that #1 pick. Is this ok, or is this something that should be discouraged? I feel it's somewhat tacky, but at the same time I didn't hear anything that I felt was good enough to replace mine for the #1 spot. ( I assure you, I would have given it to someone else had I honestly felt they did a better job)

Hello, Michael

Everyone, including the contestants, can vote for whatever entries they want, without restriction.

Just please send only one email with your choices. We're monitoring carefully for duplicated votes.

Everyone else please join in also!

Randy

Ok, good to know. I wanted to check before I sent my vote in so I wouldn't inadvertently cause more problems on top of the mess that just happened.

My votes are in.

On the positive side of the big mess that happened, I chose to re listen to the entries so I could have them fresh in my mind. I never was quite happy with that 3rd vote the first time around, but this time I found an entry that I had missed the first time that's actually quite good and IMO is a much better choice than my previous one.

Good, Michael

It would be unfair in something like this to not allow people to vote for their own work.

It's just the multiple votes that were unfair. It apparently became too tempting to keep pushing the Vote button when it was discovered that it was possible to vote over and over on any computer that uses dynamic IP address assignments. I'm on cable and my computer is assigned one permanent IP address - That's the only kind of system the Polldaddy deals with when their block IP address safeguard is used.

Randy

bump.

We need the votes - Plus, it's kind of nice to keep something actually music related at the top of the page.

Randy

Bump.

Voting continues until Sept. 1, 10 more days. That should be enough time to get a larger sampling of votes, and the larger the number of people voting, the more fair the outcome will be.

Hopefully we aren't having troubles again with ballot-stuffing. Please help us out by voting and diluting any unfair multiple votes that may get through.

Randy

Here's a bump for a rainy Sunday morning.

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

vote for me vote for me vote for me

Ok --IIII get it--What this thread has been lacking is an image. So, in keeping with the style of the Forum's most popular threads:

Randy

Monday morning bump.

Go Back to forum