• Register
  • Help

Topic: Download exercises

Download exercises

Sorry if this is somewhere but I can't find it. Where can I download the exercises and how to install them. It says they were moved in April and I don't know where to.

Re: Download exercises

What exercises?

It says, Load the Example #2 - Legend of Kitesh MIDI into your sequencer (tutorials for loading GPO and importing midi files for various sequencers can be found at theTutorials Page on the www.garritan.com website).
    This is what I am looking for.

Sorry if I am missing something.

I had no idea these things were available. Perhaps you should ask in the appropriate forum: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ration-On-line

I understand that the Garritan.com website moved to a new server some time (years) ago, and that not all the files were moved across to the new server.

A new home page seems to have been developed but not all the old links and references to files on the old website have been updated.

I think you can still find the old tutorials page here:

... though it doesn't seem to be an "Active" page and there are many "dead" links on the page (as indicated by the red x's).

You can look in the source code for the page (View > Source in Internet Explorer) more details ...

... I can see references to a further tutorial and resources files called:

and ...

But the full URL's for these pages:

are also both broken ... I presume they were never copied from the old server.

I think the best you can hope for is that someone here has copies of the files, or email Garritan support direct for help ... if they don't respond you could PM Tim Perry who is probably the most active member of the Garritan staff on the forum just now - the tutorials pages could do with a bit of a tidy up.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I thought that maybe doing these exercises would give me good lead in to the whole process of music orchestration.

I will keep chasing it up and see what I can find. As I am only new to this I need all the help that I can get.

Lightbulb Re: Download exercises

Hi Lawman

Think I may have missed something here too.

While what I said before is true, and there are a number of broken links on the site, I presume you are looking at this page:

Where it says "Load the Example #2 - Legend of Kitesh MIDI into your sequencer", the text "Example #2 - Legend of Kitesh MIDI" is a hyperlink linking to the file:

This link is not broken and you can download the file using the mouse right-click -> Save Target As ... when hovering over the link.

If it was just general help with loading GPO and MIDI files that you were after, there are some helpful pages on the wiki:

If it's anything else specific relating to GPO and your particular sequencer just ask here and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Go Back to forum