• Register
  • Help

Topic: Acousticas.net will cease to exist.

Share/Bookmark

Acousticas.net will cease to exist.

Went to acousticas.net yesterday and their page gives this message:

"As per Sunday, August 22 , 2010, Acousticas will cease to exist."

Oops! Looks like I waited a week too long to purchase the reverb impulses I wanted there.

Anyone know what will happen to all that they offered?

Re: Acousticas.net will cease to exist.

I know they are planning on releasing ..... Iris...no, can't remember the name of the new softare they planned on releasing this month..hold on.

Alright, I found the email I sent them and their reply to "Orchid", Acousticas new reverb they have in development. I asked them for an update on "Orchid" and for any suggestions for a convo reverb plug in (for Ableton)

1) Orchid, in its first carnation, wont be a convolution reverb.
    It is something completely different. But you will be able to use it.
    Cant say more at this point though.

2) You might want to look at liquidsonics Reverberate. Very good and very cheap.
    There is also Altiverb which is quite expensive but also very very good.
    Waves produce IR1 which is sounding as great as the others but its handling
    of impulses is unfortunately lesser great :-)

3) Orchid is planned for this month but it has already been postponed a few times
    and that might also be the situation again. But we are optimistic

Perhaps their new website is on the verge of a sunrise.

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

I just emailed Anton at Acousticas and begged him to purchase some products before they disassemble themselves.

I wonder if they were bought out by Cakewalk or Roland or another colaborator....maybe even Spectrasonics. Which reminds me, I would love to see a good Convo inside of Omnisphere.
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Wow. I will now be diligent about backing up all of my Acousticas reverbs. I use several of them.

Go Back to forum