• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for my first Library...

Share/Bookmark

Looking for my first Library...

Hi all!
    I just got my grubby hands on GigaStudio96 and was looking into my first library to purchase.
    I am on a budget and was looking at Miroslav\'s Mini Library ($349) does anyone have any thoughts about this library? One thing that has put me off about it is that all samples are Mono, but i guess i can live with that for the time being.
    Is this a good library or should I get something else? I would like something that has a bit of everything orchestral. I\'m thinking about getting a choir collection as well.
    Let me know if i\'m heading in the right direction of if anyone has something better i should look into.
    Also is there any sites with Free gigasamples anywhere?
    Thanks
    -zack

Re: Looking for my first Library...

Buy anything but Mirislav mini!

If you\'re looking for something like an \"orchestral starter kit,\" I don\'t think you can do better than Advanced Orchestra. There are definitely better libraries available for each instrument group individually, but for a *relatively* inexpensive way to get a complete orchestra set, AO gets you started.

You can find some free gigs at www.worrasplace.com

I was seriously considering the Advanced Orchestra then i saw the difference in price between that and the Miroslav. I now know that i should probably go with the Advanced Orchestra!!
    Thanks for the help and links everyone!

Now another question, where can i find some of the Hans Zimmer libraries?
    thanks
    -zack

Oh yeah, has anyone tried the X-Sample Set? It looks like there is a lot of stuff included with that, what\'s the quality like?
    thx
    -zack

I own all of the x-sample CDs. Overall, it\'s a good set. The quality varies depending on which instrument you use. I love the harp, the solo strings are great, the bassoon is good, the oboe is ok, but quite usable. I really like the cello vibrato, too bad that they did not make a violin like!!

>>Now another question, where can i find some of the Hans Zimmer libraries?
    thanks
    -zack<<<

well... if you mean The guitar libraries. I believe they are distributed by ILIO and you can get them at www.ilio.com

If its the custom Media Ventures Orchestral sample libraries.... well.... I think I might know a guy, that knows a guy, that grew up with a guy, that slept with a girl (or was it a guy?), who walked by someone, who spilled some coffee on the street across the street from the Media Ventures Studio. I could ask him

I can\'t guarantee anything tho

However it is possible to get some convincing compositions/sounds for Action sequences (MV type) with Ultimate strings, QL Brass, AO, Miroslav all mixed together.....
    and then there is GigaStrings which will be a must have

oh and choir... uhm lesse Ext Classical Choir AND Symphony of voices together works pretty good. We\'ll see what Yelloe Tools ahs in store for us soon I hope could it be \"Pure Choir\" hmmm?...

then there is percusion.. Waht I hear of Christian/Lane Ultimate orch percusion soudns great.

oh..!look!...I\'ve gone on a rant again....man when I was a \"shred head\" guitar player all I did was buy guitars and gear for my Rack...now its just freaking sample Libraries.......

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Whoah!!
    Thanks for the info everyone!
    Yeah i found the HansZimmer guitar samples earlier today, but i guess i was looking for more orchestral stuff. Oh well, i\'ll probably end up getting one of the guitar volumes at some point.
    I wish i was rich...

Soundsonline has a clearance department. http://www.soundsonline.com/specials.shtml

You can sometimes find 50 to 90 percent off. However, the libraries are usually for SampleCell, Roland, AKAI, etc. not GigaStudio. Simply buy the Giga Translator from Chicken Systems http://www.chickensys.com/.

This can lead to considerable savings provided the selections are what you want.

clueless

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zquarles:
    Whoah!!
    Thanks for the info everyone!
    Yeah i found the HansZimmer guitar samples earlier today, but i guess i was looking for more orchestral stuff. Oh well, i\'ll probably end up getting one of the guitar volumes at some point.
    I wish i was rich...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum