• Register
  • Help

Topic: Laptop for Trilian LIve Performance

Share/Bookmark

Laptop for Trilian LIve Performance

I have a friend whom I am attempting to put together a Trilian Bass setup suitable for live performance. The backgroud is that here is a guy who was a great guitar player with a early piano background who has lost the full use of his left hand (pinky and ring finger) and is also lacks general mobility (bad knees and hip) due to an accident. We have been jammin in the basement, having big fun, with my korg triton as a bass. I am very excited about the potential to improve the bass and create a new musical path for my friend who has a wealth of knowledge and creativity. I have ordered trilian and a novastation 25 sl to mate with a laptop which can provide this individual with a compact lightweight musical solution he can transpot essentially in a loptop bag.

I am no computer neophyte but still, my brain is full looking at the myriad of issues around laptop music production and live performance. I'm trying to nail down a pc solution as I am a pc guy on cubase5. Are there any bullit proof i7 win7/64 solutions for a trillian live venue solution out there? Kind regards.

Re: Laptop for Trilian LIve Performance

I think if you want bulletproof that usually means the less crap in the computer the better. My previously bulletproof macbook pro just started going nuts the other day and found out the hard drive was dying (badblocks...corrupted files), which I attribute to my brutal handling of this laptop...drops and all. So I caved in and bought an Intel SSD...no moving parts, well, for the main drive anyway, I squeezed in a second, regular one for other less crucial files. So at least now it should handle even more abuse from me!

So I say try a not top-of-the-line macbook pro (you can install win7 on it if you want) and use the money saved on an SSD drive (that you buy separate at newegg or somewhere else so it's cheaper). But I suppose other PC laptops are cheaper, but I say still spend for an SSD...then maybe Brainspawn's Forte as a host for Trillian.

Cool Re: Laptop for Trilian LIve Performance

Holy crap! I just saw my join date...11years ago! wow...congrats to NorthernSounds for being around this long!

Re: Laptop for Trilian LIve PerformanceForte

So I say try a not top-of-the-line macbook pro (you can install win7 on it if you want) and use the money saved on an SSD drive (that you buy separate at newegg or somewhere else so it's cheaper). But I suppose other PC laptops are cheaper, but I say still spend for an SSD...then maybe Brainspawn's Forte as a host for Trillian.

Great! thanks for the info. I'd never heard of Forte..a program specifically written for live performance. SSD'S may be the way to go. I hear ther's some good hybrids out there too.
    The last Mac I had was a + with a bulked up 4 meg of ram. I'll download the demo and see if I can "get the groove on". Rgds

Re: Laptop for Trilian LIve Performance

Stay away from the Hybrids for now. And Forte is for PC, so if you go Mac then Mainstage 2 is the app (which is included in the Logic Studio).

Go Back to forum