• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rachmaninov 2 Second movement

Share/Bookmark

Rachmaninov 2 Second movement

I wanted to try something a bit weightier, 'fraid it's a bit long tho. It was a favorite of my late mother and I heard it a lot when I was small, so its rather "scent of madeleines" for me

http://www.box.net/shared/4u31egmrfg
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Rachmaninov 2 Second movement

Hello Derek - Ambitious Lad you are!
    I liked this and listened till the last note! I thought you captured/conveyed a lot of the original emotion that gave birth to the music in the 1st place. If you want to work on any part of it, my sense would be to mollify the strings a bit in their comings an goings and try to EQ/REVRB
    your way to a little smoother piano sound. The most important thing though, is that you recorded and posted it, I heard it and got the message in the music, and your rendition was the messenger.

Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Wow what a great thing this listening room is. So much talent free to listen too.
    Very comforting and peaceful to listen too. What do you guys think about the Idea of a listening room player? That plays all the current renditions of songs in the listening room? So you could sit back and listen through them all and when you click on one it brings you to the related forum post.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for your comments, its nice to know its being listened to. It needs a little tidying up around the edges but its easy to run out of steam. I'll try to fix things once autumn gets under way.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Very nice Derek. I enjoyed this track very much, you did a great job.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Very enjoyable. It is nice to know that good quality can be achieved in the kind of music that I enjoy.

One of my goals is to record my playing of the solo part of piano concertos and mix it with MIDI orchestrations.

Lawrence

Go Back to forum