• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2010 and kontakt 4

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Finale 2010 and kontakt 4

hi all,
    i have a problem with finale 2010b and Kontakt 4.1.1 as a VST:

i can only use midi channel A.
    it says that this is the only channel available from host.

do you know why? i wanted to use all 64 midi channels/

thanks in advance!

Roberto

Re: Finale 2010 and kontakt 4

With VSTi, you need to use a new instance for each MIDI port (of 16 Channels).

Only in standalone mode could Kontakt receive 64 channels.

thanks wcreed and that is what i am doing, but for reason the whole channel 17-32 is not available.

Hi Robert

I'm not sure you understand wcreed's point ... if you are using Kontakt in standalone mode, you are not using it in Finale ... and if you are using it in Finale, you are using it as a VSTi and not in standalone mode.

You can only use Kontakt with 64 outputs when using it in standlone mode and not as a VSTi ... i.e. you cannot use kontakt's 64 outputs from within Finale (or any other host).

Hope that helps!

Peter

thanks Peter (and wcreed)

now i got the point!!!

ROberto

i have another question.

what is the best MEMORY setup in KONTAKT 4.1.1 for using it as a VST in finale 2010b?

i have a quadCORE 8GB memory.

Thanks!!

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post
    i have another question.

what is the best MEMORY setup in KONTAKT 4.1.1 for using it as a VST in finale 2010b?

i have a quadCORE 8GB memory.

Thanks!!

Roberto
    Hi Roberto,

Quick question my friend. Why would you use Finale as a VST host for Kontakt? Kontakt 4 is 64 bit capable and can access most of that 8 GB of RAM - which you will need if using modern libraries like LASS or CS. Finale still lives in the 32 bit world and as a VST host, will constrain Kontakt to the point of being virtually unworkable unless you're using small footprint libraries.

That said, Finale is (and always has been) a good choice because of it's much under-rated Human Playback capabilities. I'm using Finale in 32 bit mode and bridging across to 64 bit Kontakt 4 using LoopBe 30. That way, I can make full use of my 12 GB RAM.

Apologies if I've taken this off topic - but I'm intrigued!

Regards, Graham

Graham! thanks a lot! you are just about right!!!

i am running it in standalone and it is waaaaaaaayyyyyy better!!!!!

Thanks again,
    Roberto

and i think i have a problem with asio drivers.where can i download asio driver that are compatible with windows 7 and creative soundblasters?

Thanks,
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post
    and i think i have a problem with asio drivers.where can i download asio driver that are compatible with windows 7 and creative soundblasters?

Thanks,
    Roberto
    Hi Roberto.

Sounds like we're following the same path! I too encountered driver problems with Win 7 and SoundBlaster. It turns out the really low end Audigy in my PC doesn't support ASIO. I've downloaded ASIO4ALL and have gone back to using onboard Realtek audio and this has got me working again.

http://www.asio4all.com/

Some of the Creative cards do support ASIO 2 so you may be ok but mine certainly isn't any good. I'm investigating an RME soundcard that apparently has really good ASIO support.

Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum