• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT- Geniesoft home page, a security risk?

Share/Bookmark

OT- Geniesoft home page, a security risk?

Hej!

There are still some Overture users among us here, so I wonder if anyone else has had trouble going to Geniesoft's homepage recently. I was there yesterday without a problem, but when i tried to go there today, the page was flagged as an 'attack site' by Microsoft Security Essentials, which claimed there have been numerous loadings of malware by the site recently....

is my MSE gone paranoid, or has Geniesoft been hacked?

Anyone?

Cheers

Saku
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Re: OT- Geniesoft home page, a security risk?

Not the first time...
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Quote Originally Posted by sakari.lindhen View Post
    Hej!

There are still some Overture users among us here, so I wonder if anyone else has had trouble going to Geniesoft's homepage recently. I was there yesterday without a problem, but when i tried to go there today, the page was flagged as an 'attack site' by Microsoft Security Essentials, which claimed there have been numerous loadings of malware by the site recently....

is my MSE gone paranoid, or has Geniesoft been hacked?

Anyone?

Cheers

Saku

I also got an alarm message from firefox, browsing from a different country than you, so i guess is not your MSE.

Marcelo Colina

Diagnostic page for geniesoft.com

What is the current listing status for geniesoft.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
    Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.
    What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 151 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 110 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-29.Malicious software is hosted on 11 domain(s), including 212.150.107.0/, 77.78.239.0/, ritualofgod1.co.cc/.
    2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including 77.78.239.0/, best-sodt-sec88.co.cc/.
    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32392 (OPENTRANSFER).

The GenieSoft.com site has suffered for some time from intermittent security problems.
    I have read reports that the company hosting that website has had security problems.

The problem has been brought to the attention of the owner of the site and GenieSoft.
    The next move is up to the site owner and the host.
    Jim W.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum