• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Orchestral Strings- compatible with logic 9.1?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Orchestral Strings- compatible with logic 9.1?

Hi: I know this library is no longer available but I used it with Logic 7 til I recently upgraded. I can't seem to load the Maestro Tools. Does anybody still use this library? with Logic?
    JP

Re: Garritan Orchestral Strings- compatible with logic 9.1?

What plugin does it use? Is it Gigasampler? In that case, it might run, but only on a PPC (I think Intel-based macs are too new). However, I can't tell you for sure. You'd have to try on your target machine.
    Theo

I wonder when Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 will be coming out. I definitely will grab that. Garritan libs work so well in Sibelius!

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    What plugin does it use? Is it Gigasampler? In that case, it might run, but only on a PPC (I think Intel-based macs are too new). However, I can't tell you for sure. You'd have to try on your target machine.
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm trying to run GOS in EXS on a Mac Pro running snow leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by davecos View Post
    I wonder when Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 will be coming out.
    I've been wondering the same for years and at this point I'm starting to wonder IF GOS 2 will ever come out.
    JP

The ONLY way to properly run GOS is with GigaStudio on a Windows PC.

Maestro Tools is a critical part of how GOS samples work.
    Without Maestro Tools, you throw away alternating samples,
    up and down bows, legato...
    all kinds of things.

If someone gets it working "properly" on a Mac without GS3, I wanna know how.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio View Post
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm trying to run GOS in EXS on a Mac Pro running snow leopard.
    If that works in EXS, I don't see a problem. AFAIK it hasn't changed, and you should (mind you: should, that's no guarantee) be able to play old EXS patches. Still, it's best to try. Put it on an external disk and visit your local apple dealer?
    Theo

OP here. Just to be clear i can get the samples to play in EXS 24 but I cannot load the Maestro Tools Logic environment layer which worked fine in Logic 7.

So I'm still wondering if it is possible to load Maestro Tools on an intel mac running logic 9.1 and if not what will I miss by running GOS without that layer.

Thanks for all the input,
    JP

Just a shot in the dark: Have you tried to run the Maestro Tools while running logic in 32-bit mode? My guess is you might be running Logic in 64-bit mode which may not play nice with M/T.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    Just a shot in the dark: Have you tried to run the Maestro Tools while running logic in 32-bit mode? My guess is you might be running Logic in 64-bit mode which may not play nice with M/T.
    Rob
    BINGO! Thanks Rob. That was it. In 32 bit mode i could in fact import the MT environment layer. Still begs the question: when will this library be updated?
    JP

Go Back to forum