• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 demo

GPO4 demo

This is a demo of some of the SAM brass sounds (tbn, tpt, hn) included with GPO4 (I received the disc in the mail a few weeks ago and finally got around to installing). To explore, I thought it might be of interest to transcribe one of my favorite movie cues:

http://www.box.net/shared/qeblbkl7xt hi-fi 16mb

http://www.box.net/shared/idxgfstpkx lo-fi 3mb

(Fair use, for educational purposes only, not intended for redistribution or commercial use).

Now, answer for me, these questions three:

1) What movie is this cue from

2) The name of the cue and/or its composer

3) The air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow

Re: GPO4 demo

I wish I had a link for Disco Bagpipes.

Great sound!

Wow, Darwin, that was fantastic! Never thought Monty Python sounded so good!!!!

Just one question for you. Which do you mean, the African or European swallow?
    Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Great version. It's a wonderful movie, and has a good score indeed. Did you really do this by ear?

Southern Ontario, Canada

Hi Darwin;
    That was quite lively and vibrant, thank you for showing what have done with your new GPO4!
    I liked the tempo changes, and you followed along those changes with great choices in the voicing, effects, pan and mix, what else is there?

Great demo!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Dan - you nailed it! Disco Bagpipes?... Aaaaugh! Aaaaugh! Run away! Run away!...

Jeff - Thnx!

Serenity - Your are correct. Question three can only be answered with another question. I'd answer your question, but risk being flung off the Bridge of Death into the Gorge of Eternal Peril!

FLW - thanks much, yes by ear.

sd - I was quite happy to hear what the SAM brass can add to the mix. It's nice to have those overtly bravura sounds available when needed (as in this case). Should anyone be wondering, this was done entirely within Aria VST (2 instances), Ambience reverb, driven by Overture 4.1 notation.

Darwin, I miss seeing you here.
    Do you have a link for Disco bagpipes seriously?

Cool we have another (by ear) guy here.

Dan - when there's no score or midi available, transcription is the only alternative to see how something is put together. Nevertheless, transcription is both a very useful and instructive skill to develop.

I dug around through some old data backups and found a copy of Disco Bagpipes (regretably!). I'll PM you a link, as I don't want to needlessly subject the innocent listeners here to that degree of unwarranted aural punishment.

How can I thank Thee?

What a fantastic creation!
    Thanks for sending it.. I really think you should consider posting it again..

Go Back to forum