• Register
  • Help

Topic: can rmx follow beat map in Logic?

Share/Bookmark

can rmx follow beat map in Logic?

I recorded a piano track without a click and beat mapped it in Logic 9. I would like to add a percussion track to it. I tried adding RMX groove elements but they didn't sync up.
    Is this possible to do and if so, is there an RMX setting that i need to change?
    JP

Re: can rmx follow beat map in Logic?

If RMX is not syncing up to Logic's BPM setting (which I assume is static and matches up to the beat-matched piano part), then maybe record RMX as an audio track and and beat-map it to match the piano- but that would be odd as I assume you have updated the piano track to be going to a steady BPM.

After beat mapping, Logic's BPM adjusts every few bars. RMX however seems to stay constant. Is this normal? If not, is there an RMX setting that needs to change?
    JP

No, it is not normal, RMX should chase tempos it sees in the tempo list. You did I assume drag the regions into the Arrange area and are not just playing it by hitting the play button inside RMX, correct?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thanks for confirming that it should be working. Yes I dragged it into arrange just like I would for any RMX track. But now that I know it should be working I'll dig a little deeper.
    JP

Go Back to forum