• Register
  • Help

Topic: Remember 9/11

Remember 9/11

Even though this wasn't made with Garritan instruments, I wanted to share it with all those here. I might go back tomorrow and switch out the EWQL sounds for the Garritan ones and see how it sounds.

This is very sloppy, as I only had a about an hour to write it and orchestrate it. There's bad voice leading, wrong notes, probably a wrong chord or two, no dynamics, etc...

I was planing on getting it out on the 11th, but it would seem that it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway... here's my small tribute to all those who lost their lives in this tragedy.

Re: Remember 9/11

Hi Michael, thanks for posting that.
    I watched the documentary last night on the History Channel about the vicious, inhumane, and cowardly attack on the USA the morning of September 11th 2001. It is inconceivable to me that any human could be filled with so much hate to think up, design and be a part of something so heartless.

The pain and suffering that those people in New York went through, and continue to go through every day is mind boggling. And not just the ones who died. The idiotic media kept repeating... "those people gave their life for their country". They were used for their country yes,, but when they woke that morning to go to work, they did not decide to "give" their life for their country... they decided to go to work like any other day to earn a living, and to provide for their families, loved ones and themselves.

People who voluntarily go to war and into public service are to be hugely commended for their bravery and dedication of service for their country, certainly no different than the caring and brave fireman and policemen who were put to the ultimate test that day. But these people did not make that decision. Their lives were "STOLEN" from them and their loved ones. My heart goes out to all the folks who are still deeply affected by this terrible tragedy... to think of the things that the "clean-up" people had to see and experience.... ... .. .

I personally will NEVER forget 9-11 and all the people who lost the most precious thing they had that day.......... LIFE!

Thank you for this very moving work Michael.
    And I couldn't agree more with DPDAN's sentiments.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    Their lives were "STOLEN" from them and their loved ones. My heart goes out to all the folks who are still deeply affected by this terrible tragedy
    This is something that has bothered me as well, perhaps it is the same thing you are talking about: it is now established custom to talk of "those who perished" or "those who lost their lives" on September 11th. This has bothered me for a long time: such wording does two things: first, it logically includes the terrorists, and second, it downplays the "theft" component: those lives were stolen, which constitutes a loss, a cost, a debt that is owed or a wound that has not healed. Since the lives cannot be restored, we must destroy the ideology behind the attacks (because that ideology is working day & night on its goal of world conquest, of which terror attacks are merely one tactic, other tactics are the correctly named phenomenon known as "creeping Sharia", also high Muslim birth rates combined with low non-Muslim birth rates). The name of this ideology is Islamic supremacism: it has a religious aspect, a political aspect, a military aspect, a legal aspect, it has rules for everything and everyone, including rules for people who are outside of it. It is unlike anything we know or understand as a religion. I'm not talking about peaceful Muslims. I'm talking about the ideology that is the inspiration and the drive behind the over 16 thousand deadly terror attacks all over the world since 9/11, documented at this website: http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Beautiful tribute!
    John B.

Go Back to forum