• Register
  • Help

Topic: Somewhere in Terra's path (All GPO4)

Concepción, Chile

Somewhere in Terra's path (All GPO4)

New theme based on the Final Fantasy VI character Terra Benford. 1st made 100% with GPO4

Luis "AshtarotH" Lastra
    Geek and music lover.

Re: Somewhere in Terra's path (All GPO4)

Effective, and I love the twist at the end of the melodic phrase (e.g. at 3:00). It has the right feel for (a certain kind of) fantasy. The orchestration is also pretty good. It's sparse, but serves the melody well. The piano part is too repetitive and mechanical. A bit more rubato, phrasing, and variation (and probably some reverb too) might make that sound better.

Southern Ontario, Canada

Here, I would agree with most of Theo's remarks, especially in regards to the piano part. Do you have any familiarity with native (Indigenous) Chilean music? I am sure as a musician, you must. That music would be interesting to hear, as interpreted by one such as yourself, who has the tools and can use them. Just a thought.

Thanks for posting!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hi Luis,

OK, I agree, but only simply that it needs development. You have a great work here - the emotional "stage" is set. But to me it sounds more like a "first draft" waiting to be detailed. Sometimes I like to say the same melody over a new chord structure... that's always fun.

Hope this helps a bit.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Hooray, Final Fantasy. Good idea for inspriation!

I love the theme and the arrangement. My only thought is the dynamics seemed to be set on one level throughout. The modulation doesn't appear to have been used (or is set a max all the way for each instrument) as all the instruments have a rather gruffness to them. Can you soften the piece in places?

Go Back to forum