• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: First post...

First post...

Hi All,
    As a new GPO user I just wanted to say hi! I was fortunate to participate in the Orchestral Shootout hosted by Rbowser and Bit over on the SONAR forum, where I'm a regular, and to win one of the runner-up spots. After discussing the options with Randy (thanks!) I chose GPO since it seems to be an all-around good choice. And even though I've only had a few days to mess with it, I know it was a good decision. Heck, I've already started putting together something with pipe organ, cello, bass and tubular bells. I guess you could say the sounds can be inspiring.

Anyhow, I look forward to learning all about GPO over the coming months. I've already picked up some good tips and ideas, and I'm sure it'll just get better from here!

Re: First post...

welcome to Northern Sounds Steve!

Welcome Steve! This a great spot. Much to learn, freedom to ask, warm receptions and deep (deep!) professional writing, recording, living and publishing experience are yours for the taking.

Have a fantastic time.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Welcome to The Funny Farm Steve. I think you will have a great time here, there are a lot of different styles here...................................

........and then there is me.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Wink Re: First post...

Thanks! I very much appreciate the warm welcome.

I am looking forward to soaking up some knowledge. And some, err, style.

Steve! I just now replied to your post on the Movie Challenge thread - didn't see that you'd posted your introductory thread. I'm SO glad you joined up over here, and that you're having a fun, inspiring time with your shiny new GPO.

And stand by - Chip "Reberclark" and I will be starting that film scoring thing going asap.

Welcome Steve!

Did Randy mention where to pay your annual membership fee?

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forums! This is a great place to release any questions that you may have (or insight to share) about GPO, Aria, or music production in general. There is a wealth of knowledge in here, and fantastic people.

Congrats on the orchestral shootout success, and have fun exploring GPO!

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

Thanks, guys. I'm getting a sense of "community" here, and I like it. Even if Randy's membership dues are a little outragous and he only accepts cash or checks.

Regarding knowledge... I expect to have my first real question posted shortly. It's been more than 24 hours so I figure I'm about due. And thanks to the orchestral shootout I have the opportunity to ask!

Ellendale, ND

Randy only accepts uncut diamonds and gold bullion.

Go Back to forum