• Register
  • Help

Topic: Getting AKAI cd onto hard drive??

Share/Bookmark

Getting AKAI cd onto hard drive??

Is there a way to get an image of an AKAI cd onto a hard drive and then have SConverter work off the hard drive image file?

Or at least I would like to get an image file on the hard drive for another converter to work off of (CDXtract, etc).

-brian

Re: Getting AKAI cd onto hard drive??

Why?

Because SConverter seems to crash now and then and I think it may have to with the interaction with the cdrom. Also, at some point I would want to copy my AKAI cd\'s and right now I am not sure how I would dthat seeing that my cd-writer software does not recognize an AKAI disk.

Chicken Systems Translator will let you make \'virtual drives\' (mimicking virtually any popular disk format) right on your hard drive.

If you\'ve got a few to back up, it might not be a bad idea to look at their dedicated Giga version of Translator - it\'s not that pricey.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bhuether:
    Because SConverter seems to crash now and then and I think it may have to with the interaction with the cdrom. Also, at some point I would want to copy my AKAI cd\'s and right now I am not sure how I would dthat seeing that my cd-writer software does not recognize an AKAI disk.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you need a programme that copies raw 1:1 data (Clone cd?) for backing up your Akai disks..and maybe update your aspi layer.

and in typical Blob fashion..i have no idea where you would get these from...sorry

Go Back to forum