• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anthem Of The Night

Share/Bookmark

Journey To The Gates / Anthem Of The Night

JOURNEY TO THE GATES

ANTHEM OF THE NIGHT

This is a re-mix of both tracks with a couple of new synth tracks added to each.

All Strings and brass are GPO.

Some how I got a double post.....guess the site likes the song. LOL
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Re: Anthem Of The Night

Hi Hippie,

I haven't heard the original so can't compare the mix, but this is a really evocative soundscape! It's like a voyage of discovery through the ghosts and echoes of some long forgotten metropolis!

Great use of an imaginative chord sequence to keep the progression going through the 'tour', and the textures and ambience really create an air of mystery and space.

In short - great work!

Best regards,

Keith

Aram;
    I can easily hear the changes in the mix, great new feel to the bottom-end and you have created more depth, also I liked the percussion. Particularly enjoyed the way it starts, really quite a sound you have there.

Thanks for sharing this updated version!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

I really like the vibe of this one. It gives me the feeling of a great relief or being saved from
    a horrible situation. Perhaps a chopper ride home after being stranded in the worst place.
    And you really appreciate the people flying the chopper and and feel a greater bond
    with the human family. Seeing the good in everyone despite our imperfections. Thats the
    vibe this one gives me. Thanks for sharing. I think its a great sound although it does
    distort on my headphones and speakers.

All the best

Re: Journey To The Gates ~ Anthem Of The Night

Quote Originally Posted by kastra View Post
    Hi Hippie,

I haven't heard the original so can't compare the mix, but this is a really evocative soundscape! It's like a voyage of discovery through the ghosts and echoes of some long forgotten metropolis!

Great use of an imaginative chord sequence to keep the progression going through the 'tour', and the textures and ambience really create an air of mystery and space.

In short - great work!

Best regards,

Keith
    Thanks Keith. I like your take on the song, very interesting, not what I was thinking when I recorded it but I can feel what you are saying. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Aram;
    I can easily hear the changes in the mix, great new feel to the bottom-end and you have created more depth, also I liked the percussion. Particularly enjoyed the way it starts, really quite a sound you have there.

Thanks for sharing this updated version!

Best regards,
    sd cisco
    Thank you SD. I just added another song to the post, it will go in front of Anthem on the play list.

Quote Originally Posted by ome248 View Post
    I really like the vibe of this one. It gives me the feeling of a great relief or being saved from
    a horrible situation. Perhaps a chopper ride home after being stranded in the worst place.
    And you really appreciate the people flying the chopper and and feel a greater bond
    with the human family. Seeing the good in everyone despite our imperfections. Thats the
    vibe this one gives me. Thanks for sharing. I think its a great sound although it does
    distort on my headphones and speakers.

All the best
    Thank you ome248. I used to ride in choppers from time to time in Vietnam back in the day.

Go Back to forum