• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Audio Impression's 70 DVZ Strings..

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Audio Impression's 70 DVZ Strings..

Well, it's finally complete.. Nice.. Only one computer needed to run..Impressive demos..

http://www.audioimpressions.com/

Unhappy Re: Audio Impression's 70 DVZ Strings..

No replies? No Comments?

Re: Audio Impression's 70 DVZ Strings..

For composers who need that kind of detail this looks like a great product. For the film/TV scores I do it is overkill, particularly in the use of resources. With my current single Mac Pro, I can load up and easily use multiple instances of EW Gold, Symphobia 1 and 2, Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, and True Strike 1 and 2 with room left for effects and other odds and ends. DVD Strings looks as if most of my computer would be tied up just to run it properly. I'm just not going back to multiple computers at this point.

Im sure it's a great program for people mocking up highly detailed string compositions.

I think for a composer like myself, who hates going thru all of the sample variations and having to load them. ALso, DVZ looks to be a great real time Live string player.

Finally, the keyboard string player(in a band) can sound like ..well a real string orchestra if he and she technique is right. Price is not as bad as I thought as well.

Hey everyone,

I am currently a user of the 70 DVZ Strings and I must say it's top notch stuff. I've used pretty much every library out there and I can say without hesitation that the professional sound that this brings to the table is stunning. You will get a whole new appertain for Viola's after using this library.

I'm open if anyone has any questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkio View Post
    For composers who need that kind of detail this looks like a great product. For the film/TV scores I do it is overkill, particularly in the use of resources. With my current single Mac Pro, I can load up and easily use multiple instances of EW Gold, Symphobia 1 and 2, Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, and True Strike 1 and 2 with room left for effects and other odds and ends. DVD Strings looks as if most of my computer would be tied up just to run it properly. I'm just not going back to multiple computers at this point.

Im sure it's a great program for people mocking up highly detailed string compositions.
    I do composing for film/tv and video games and DVZ fits the bill perfectly. It's not just to write nice little orchestra arrangements, it's the real deal. I was blown away how much better this made my scores.

it's in the same price point as Hollywood Strings - and i think EW's sounds a lot better. but to each their own.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    it's in the same price point as Hollywood Strings - and i think EW's sounds a lot better. but to each their own.
    If you like spending time loading patches, then EW HWs would be great. I'm not knocking EW as I love their stuff. Just saying I for one, don't have the time to sit there and load patches. I want everything at my finger tips, ready to go and be completely orchestrated. The DVZ setup has given me that.

Just more professional in my mind.... but like you said to each their own.

An ambitious project for sure. 7 years in the making gave the competitors a lot of time to release their wares. LASS and Hollywood strings come to mind. At $1500 plus a very high end computer plus the dongle issue makes it a hard sell for me. I do wish AI good luck with this. I would guess that if the woodwinds, brass and percussion are at the same level sonically (when they are released) we'll have another option for high end orchestal scores.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by fishhoofs View Post
    I do composing for film/tv and video games and DVZ fits the bill perfectly. It's not just to write nice little orchestra arrangements, it's the real deal. I was blown away how much better this made my scores.
    I'm sure this the right tool when the real deal is needed. My work is all on the promo, trailer side of the biz where VO, sound clips, sound design, and quick project turnaround leaves little room for such fine nuance. For projects that have substantial periods of exposed music DVZ would be a good choice. Unfortunately, I live in a world where the music is only one of many layers and I would see very little ROI by adding another computer just for strings when there are so many other wonderful options available for my kind of work.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast