• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free software to record GPO 4?

Share/Bookmark

Free software to record GPO 4?

I was wondering if theres any free software you can download that I could use GPO4 with to record it like as a plug in or whatever.

Re: Free software to record GPO 4?

gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Quote Originally Posted by donnynoir View Post
    I was wondering if theres any free software you can download that I could use GPO4 with to record it like as a plug in or whatever.
    What you want to record? The output of GPO4 or something from a Microphone, along with GPO4?

In any case, you need a "Host". It loads GPO4, and allow you to record your midi tracks and "render" them to Wav files. There are several ones hosts. Search for "Podium Free". It is a freeware host, very nice, that do the job.
    Marcelo Colina

I would "plug" Reaper, although it's not free. The demo is unlimited however. If you decide to purchase I think there are a couple of price points depending on how you use it and how much money you make annually with it. It's VERY reasonably priced.

I'm assuming you want a host application and I'm also assuming you want a sequencing program as opposed to a notation program.

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I would "plug" Reaper, although it's not free. The demo is unlimited however. If you decide to purchase I think there are a couple of price points depending on how you use it and how much money you make annually with it. It's VERY reasonably priced.

I'm assuming you want a host application and I'm also assuming you want a sequencing program as opposed to a notation program.

Steve Winkler
    Agreed with Steve! Reaper is $40 and worth every penny.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

I agree. Reaper is king. Audacity is useful as a tool for basic audio analysis (like comparing multiple sounds) and recording/editing invividual sounds, but it's very limited as a digital audio workstation.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

alright thanks. I have reaper now but I need some help with making garritan work with it. I really dont know what to do, I dont have much vst or au plug in experiance and havnt done this before. Ive mostly just used reason and everything was already in that program. So if someone could give me some instructions on how to hook it up and get started itd be greatly appreciated.

Go Back to forum