• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pedal Steel Sample

Pedal Steel Sample

Does anyone know of any great pedal steel samples? I can\'t afford the time to learn to play (or even sample) this wonderful instrument, but I need this timbre for several of my compositions (I have been faking it by using some contorted/finger-slicing stringbending techniques on my Telecaster).

BTW, If you have never heard Debussy played on pedal steel by someone like Paul Franklin, you really are missing out. Really!

So can I persuade someone, anyone, to create a GigaStudio pedal steel?

Re: Pedal Steel Sample

I would love to know also Ian! I heard some great ambient \'space music\' on Hearts of Space with pedal steel and it was gorgeous.
    Pedal Steel would be a great sample to have.

There is a basic patch on QL Guitar and Bass and a similar one on Hans Zimmer 2. Neither will knock your socks off, but they are good for a simple line.

Pedal steel strikes me as something which Giga\'s dimensions would really help accomodate imitating.

Try \"Whole Lotta Country\" 3 CD Sample Set. Can\'t remember the company, but should be easy to find. Great Pedal steel Licks etc.

I got some from the sampleheads site
    their OK the single notes sound alright
    particularly with a bit of trem but it stil takes a bit of thought to get them to sound convicing .

Go Back to forum