• Register
  • Help

Topic: Violin Concerto No.1. Movement 1

Share/Bookmark

Smile Violin Concerto No.1. Movement 1

For this First of my Violin Concertos, I have used the GPO 'Gagliano' Solo Violin.( The Gagliano family lived in Italy during the 18th century and were violin makers of great fame).The orchestra is full GPO.
    I particularly like the debth of feeling that can be produced throughout the range of this instrument .
    Here I offer you the first movement. The 2nd and 3rd movements will follow, together, in my next thread.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9488853

I do hope that you enjoy this movement !

YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT MY WEBSITE WHERE I HAVE GIVEN FULL DETAILS OF A VARIED RANGE OF MY MUSIC, WITH PICTURES, DEMOS AND INFO ON DOWNLOADS.

www.flatfourmusicstore.co.uk I look forward to your visit!! Antony

Re: Violin Concerto No.1. Movement 1

Hi Antony!
    This is a very impressive and pleasant listening experience. I am most impressed by your expertise in not only composing and arranging a complex piece like this, but your ability to make the "orchestra" sound real. The depth of the string section I find most compelling.
    Looking forward to hearing the other movements.
    John B.

Good development, and I also like how the (main) theme is built up of just two steps. The sound is good to very good, and I like how you make the brass sing (around 2:00). Something I thought could be improved is that the piece sometimes seems to stop after the last note of the theme, but then restarts; it's a bit "blocky". Perhaps playing with the tempo could make it feel more natural. But that's all. I thought it was a well-written and well-executed piece. My compliments.
    Theo

Smile Re: Violin Concerto No.1. Movement 1

Quote Originally Posted by voclizr View Post
    Hi Antony!
    This is a very impressive and pleasant listening experience. I am most impressed by your expertise in not only composing and arranging a complex piece like this, but your ability to make the "orchestra" sound real. The depth of the string section I find most compelling.
    Looking forward to hearing the other movements.
    John B.
    Hello John, Thank you very much indeed for your comments. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the first movement of my violin concerto 1.
    I've just been listening to your 'Yes you are' and found it delightful!!
    I'm sorry but I have no advice on the technical matters you mention. There is a lot of 'Info' out there and I'm sure that you will find what you want, just keep at it- and keep 'Threading'.

My first Thread - started on July 12. 2010-
    is now on page 4 of the Listening Room - The 2nd (slow) movement from my 2nd violin concerto, a movement of which I am very fond!

Thanks, once again, for your feedback, good luck with your musical projects, Antony B.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    Good development, and I also like how the (main) theme is built up of just two steps. The sound is good to very good, and I like how you make the brass sing (around 2:00). Something I thought could be improved is that the piece sometimes seems to stop after the last note of the theme, but then restarts; it's a bit "blocky". Perhaps playing with the tempo could make it feel more natural. But that's all. I thought it was a well-written and well-executed piece. My compliments.
    Good mornng Theo,
    I was very interested in your comments and read them carefully. I shall re-visit my piece and look at the 'stop > re-start' section. Thank you for your much appreciated feedback, it will always be welcome! Antony B.

Just awesome Antony!...
    Your backing chord progressions are wonderful - i got swept away.

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Go Back to forum