• Register
  • Help

Topic: a piece for strings

Share/Bookmark

a piece for strings

hi all, I'd like you to listen to this piece I am developing. It's a rather classical kind of composition, rather serious I mean, but anyway here it is, it's temporarily called "misgiving", thank you

http://www.robertosoggetti.com/misgiving_wip2.mp3

Re: a piece for strings

hello roberto,

once again a great piece of music. I liked the melodies and the struction of composition very much...especially that "hermannesque" style from 02:08 on. acousticwise/reverbwise I thought the strings could have been placed more convincing in a small room acoustics, the strings were kinda too upfront at the speaker. but might be you didn't focus so much on that. did you play the tune by hand in a sequecer or did you realize it with a a notation prog? which library did you use?.

greetings

wolf

thanks a lot Wolf, when you have the time, please listen to this second version, where I have added more reverb, and most important I have changed the harmonic content of the central part as it sounded a bit disjointed with the rest. I'm willing to continue reworking this until I'm satisfied...

www.robertosoggetti.com/Misgiving_wip_2.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by GigaLove View Post
    hello roberto,

once again a great piece of music. I liked the melodies and the struction of composition very much...especially that "hermannesque" style from 02:08 on. acousticwise/reverbwise I thought the strings could have been placed more convincing in a small room acoustics, the strings were kinda too upfront at the speaker. but might be you didn't focus so much on that. did you play the tune by hand in a sequecer or did you realize it with a a notation prog? which library did you use?.

greetings

wolf
    Hi Wolf

I will put my money on this being Cinematic Strings! I'll stick my neck out and say the warmth is immediately recognisable and stands apart from other libraries - regardless of sophistication, marketing hype and cost. Roberto has put them to great use in this and produced a composition and sound rarely achieved or heard in the sample world. If I'm wrong and it's not CS, I'll still congratulate OldBob for a superb contribution - and will give full credit in advance to the makers of the library involved.

Regards, Graham

www.soundclick.com/grahamkeitch

hi Graham, yes you are right, it's Cinematic Strings... thanks a lot for listening and your comment! I've listened to some of your music and love it!

best

Quote Originally Posted by GigaLove View Post
    hello roberto,

greetings

wolf
    Wolf, sorry I forgot to answer your questions! Yes, as I always do I have played every track live in Logic, notation programs are too static for what my experience has been... the library is "cinematic strings"

kind regards

That is beautiful music, Mister Roberto! I am now listening for the fifth time!

I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for posting.

Best Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    That is beautiful music, Mister Roberto! I am now listening for the fifth time!

I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for posting.

Best Regards,
    thanks a lot, Larry, much appreciated!

Go Back to forum