• Register
  • Help

Topic: MV Mini library

Share/Bookmark

MV Mini library

I\'m using GStudio 160, latest upgrade. When I play any note on any instrument using the Miroslav mini library it plays back the note an octave below. I\'ve reloaded the samples but to no effect. Doesn\'t happen with any other libraries. It\'s driving me crazy!

Anyone else had this, know about it and/or know what to do about it? I\'d really appreciate some help.

------------------

Re: MV Mini library

In the READ ME file of the disc it states that you must transpose up +12.

Check out the READ ME for info.

cya
    ps. Looking for info on Ethno World.
    Hearing mixed reviews.

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Really!?!? I have never heard of this before. What happened in the programming???

Donnie

Thanks for the reply Francis. I \"discovered\" that too. But what a pain! Why can\'t they just map the samples onto the right notes?

Anyway I\'ve since discovered how to remap the samples onto the right notes thanks to a previous thread. Yet again, a pain but worth doing for my purposes.

Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nepomuk:
    I\'m using GStudio 160, latest upgrade. When I play any note on any instrument using the Miroslav mini library it plays back the note an octave below. I\'ve reloaded the samples but to no effect. Doesn\'t happen with any other libraries. It\'s driving me crazy!

Anyone else had this, know about it and/or know what to do about it? I\'d really appreciate some help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wondering...if you look in the editor at the notes comprising the layers, are all of the notes the same pitch? For example, are all the notes like C3, C3, C3, C3, C3? Or do you see some instances of C3, C#3, D#3, B2, C3 on one pitch?

DD

Sorry, you\'re way beyond me - I\'ve only just found out where the editor is!!

But I\'ll have a look and see if I can understand your question in context.

As you\'ll see from the previous posts I seem to have this sorted now (though I\'m not looking forward to the process with the full library - makes me think twice about getting that one)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nepomuk:
    Sorry, you\'re way beyond me - I\'ve only just found out where the editor is!!

But I\'ll have a look and see if I can understand your question in context.

As you\'ll see from the previous posts I seem to have this sorted now (though I\'m not looking forward to the process with the full library - makes me think twice about getting that one)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you open the bank in the GigaStudio instrument editor (GS Edit), you\'ll see 2 windows to the left side of the editor. The upper left window contains the presets and the lower left window contains the .wav files. The window just to the right of the .wavs will have the layers of notes for a specific pitch. If you have for example, a C3 note selected, you\'ll see a stack of notes which make up the layer for that pitch. My question is, are all of the note names like A3, A3, A3, A3, or are they different?

DD

Go Back to forum