• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOS Awards

SOS Awards

Voting is now open for the inaugural SOS annual awards.

GPO4 is in there under Sound Libraries.

Get voting!

Re: SOS Awards

Already did: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...n-Sound-awards

That thread got 96 views, which is probably not enough to make GPO win, so GO GO GO! Size doesn't matter, philosophy does!

I voted, but I certainly don't need any of those prizes!

If I tried to record my voice with one of those fabulous mics, even Auto-Tune would complain -- maybe even refuse to work...

But I agree in urging fellow GPOers to vote here: Link

Arvid Hand

I've got a cheap mic, and really wouldn't know what to do with $15000 in mics. One could always donate them to a local studio, or something like that. Anyway, chances of winning are pretty small. Let's hope GPO gets the votes it deserves; it's certainly an underdog in terms of price and size...

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    I've got a cheap mic, and really wouldn't know what to do with $15000 in mics.
    Apparently there's a saying: "What do you buy a recording engineer for his birthday? ... A new mic!"

Seems they can really tell the difference between them and always find a use for a new one.

Thanks for the link, Tony - I had fun voting. Will be interesting to see what the results are.

MEANWHILE - Hope you can help us out with the Movie Challenge which ended a week ago, but still doesn't have a poll thread. ----

I've voted but I'm not interested in the prizes either.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I went ahead and voted, even though I had to put "none" on a bunch of them because I just didn't know enough about the entrants.

BTW, if anyone here wins and would like to donate their prize package to a worthy cause, my home studio would certainly benefit...

And please add my name to the list of those who would happily accept any contributions in the form of studio equipment. I'm sure I could find *some* use for $15K worth of mics...

Go Back to forum