• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphobia Joy

Symphobia Joy

After a month with Symphobia 2 I find I'm liking it more and more. There were no surprises, Project Sam did a great job of listing the complete instrument set and operators manual long before the product shipped. The only question left was...how would it sound. I don't know how they pull off their magic formula, but man, everything in the library sounds incredibly real and full of impact.

I just finished a very quick turnaround :30 TV promo track (turned out the music they had used from the show was not cleared for promo work). It was a hero theme, and I stacked the Legato horns violins and violas, Legato violins flutes, and Legato horns trombones for the main theme. Talk about a goose-bump combination.

Symphobia 2 has some of the basic articulations from Symphobia 1 layered in some of the multis, but to get the most out of this library approach I would recommend that both 1 and 2 are needed to have the full range of instruments and enough variation of effects that they don't become too familiar.

Victoria, Canada

Re: Symphobia Joy

I totally concur, and the Symphobias also work well along side other libraries like LASS and EWQLSO, and choir libraries like Requiem. S2 is a very good release, as was S1, and IMHO they are worth purchasing. "I like 'em!" .................frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Re: Symphobia Joy

I love those legato brass. They sound so epic. Totally worth it.

Go Back to forum