• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best mellotron samples/software?

Share/Bookmark

Best mellotron samples/software?

Hi.

I\'m looking for some real good mellotron sounds. I\'ve heard a couple of older akai mellotron cds, which didn\'t impress me. The general soundquality wasn\'t to good, and some of the sounds were very harsh. (yes, I know what a mellotron should sound like! :-)

I\'ve heard that there\'s a mellotron software that simulates a mellotron? Anyone heard about it? How\'s the quality of the sounds?
    Where can I get it?

I realize this is a bit off-topic, but it would be great if anyone could help me out with this.

Thanks.

Re: Best mellotron samples/software?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stmikkel:
    Hi.

I\'m looking for some real good mellotron sounds. I\'ve heard a couple of older akai mellotron cds, which didn\'t impress me. The general soundquality wasn\'t to good, and some of the sounds were very harsh. (yes, I know what a mellotron should sound like! :-)

I\'ve heard that there\'s a mellotron software that simulates a mellotron? Anyone heard about it? How\'s the quality of the sounds?
    Where can I get it?

I realize this is a bit off-topic, but it would be great if anyone could help me out with this.

Thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stmikkel:
    Hi.

Where can I get it?

Thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Stmikkel,

Check out the Sonic Implant (sonicimplant.com) library for sounfonts (Voice Implant category). The 1st demo of the mellotron is amazing. Listen to it! You can easily convert the library to Giga format. Hope that will help you... I know I\'ll be purchase it soon...

Réjean

The Sonic Implants disc is in Gigasampler format - no conversion necessary. All 8 seconds of each note has been faithfully reproduced as in the real thing. The disc has 3 different string gigs, choir and that great flute sound (Strawberry Fields). The disc also includes all of the sounds from the Arp Solina String Ensemble for that late 70\'s/early 80\'s string sound. I only wish that it had more mellotron sounds. I believe that Nemesys has the disc on sale this month for 15% off.

m-tron is a vst plugin which plays back digitized mellotron tapes.
    http://www.gmedia.com/gforce/m-tron/

I\'ve heard that there\'s a mellotron software that simulates a mellotron?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the replies.
    I went with the M-tron software.
    I listen to the demo, and all the sounds seemed to be top-class.
    Nice to finally get a really warm mellotron string sound (think tales from topographic oceans). That\'s something I\'ve wanted for a long time... :-)

Go Back to forum