• Register
  • Help

Topic: To Gary: Can instrument articualtions be loaded into the Aria Player

Share/Bookmark

To Gary: Can instrument articualtions be loaded into the Aria Player

This thread over at the Sonar turned into a long one.

However a very intresting idea came about.
    I have GPO 4 and Jose has another system.
    Jose's work flow sound's very intresting and effecient

My question is this. Can the Aria Player be configured the way Jose is suggesting. If so could you please instruct me as how to accomplish this.

Here is the link to the Thread
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2108423

Thank you very much.
    Clifford
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Re: To Gary: Can instrument articualtions be loaded into the Aria Player

Hi Clifford

David (?) Plogue might be best able to answer your question, as the Aria developer.

But if you coud summarise the thread and relate it to GPO instruments perhaps we other mere mortals might be able to help!

Peter

Hi Clifford,

You can do this to an extent with Aria, but because of the difference in design between GPO and EWQL, it won't be identical.

The EWQL orchestra has different patches for each playing technique: sustained, staccato, tremolo (strings), and to an extent, forte vs. piano. GPO simplifies a lot of this by using a single patch for sustains and staccato (using intelligent programming to adjust sound) and the same single patch for all dynamics (using the modwheel control to smoothly fade between layers). So, you don't need to have individual channels for each articulation-- they are handled by how long you make the note lengths and the modwheel data you place in the track.

The one spot where I think you could make use of this cool technique Jose describes is when you use overlay patches found in the brass. Overlay patches are meant to double up on the normal patches to add some beefiness and brassiness to the sound, so sculpting them directly on top of the normal instruments and using the channel switching would be extremely effective.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

thank you guys for the replys...

I had a feeling that this was the case but it never hurts to ask cause one just never knows enough...

Thanks
    Clifford
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

I'm not really sure what you're after. Do you want to load different articulations on different channels? That is quite easy. It allows things like layering in a bit of extra attack, or fading tremolo into sustain, etc.
    Theo

Go Back to forum