• Register
  • Help

Topic: BALLET BLACK dance "Depouillage".Choreography, Will Tuckett, the ROYAL BALLET,London

Share/Bookmark

Smile BALLET BLACK dance "Depouillage".Choreography, Will Tuckett, the ROYAL BALLET,London

Ballet Black dance "Depouillage". Performed by Sarah Kundi and Jade Hale Christofi.

Choreography by WILL TUCKETT of the ROYAL BALLET, Covent Garden, London,UK. Will Tucket was commissioned to create "Depouillement" by the London based dance company, Ballet Black, who have kindly given permission to use their work for the ROYAL BALLET'S 'Create Competition, 2010'.

I was given a 5.5 minute video of silent dance, to which I had to put sound.

I have entered the Competition with a score, played by Garritan Instruments for Finale, particularly featuring the harp and woodwinds.
    I found the dancing truly inspiring and have tried to match Sarah and Jade's beautiful and sensitive movements with a worthy accompanying score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ncGjUKVCU or
    http://youtube.com/user/antonybarnard9

I hope you will enjoy this Ballet as much as I found joy writing for it. Antony

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE TO HEAR MORE OF MY MUSIC- www.flatfourmusicstore.co.uk

Re: BALLET BLACK dance "Depouillage".Choreography, Will Tuckett, the ROYAL BALLET,Lo

Antony;
    You have done an excellent job with this! I could hear how the dancers movements "drew you out", so to speak. Inspired by their performance, the purpose and intent of your music is clearly focused, very clearly. To achieve this, you must have really sat down to try and nail it, and I think you did! Beautiful!

Good work, thanks for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Re: BALLET BLACK dance "Depouillage".Choreography, Will Tuckett, the ROYAL BALLET,Lo

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Antony;
    You have done an excellent job with this! I could hear how the dancers movements "drew you out", so to speak. Inspired by their performance, the purpose and intent of your music is clearly focused, very clearly. To achieve this, you must have really sat down to try and nail it, and I think you did! Beautiful!

Good work, thanks for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco
    Hi sd cisco, thank you very much indeed for your most complementary remarks about "Depouillage".

It is very satisfying to have received this 'critique' from a respected, senior, member of the forum!

I have had the pleasure and enjoyment of listening to some of your own compositions. I found your use of the GPO solo cello particularly moving in 'OIL'.

Thank you, once again, Antony B.

Go Back to forum