• Register
  • Help

Topic: converting kontakt based instruments to aria in logic 9

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy converting kontakt based instruments to aria in logic 9

I have just upgraded to an Intel based Mac. I took this opportunity to move to Logic Studio 9 (from Logic Express 8) and have just downloaded the upgrade to GPO and JABB from Garritan. When I open one of my previous compositions in Logic 9 and attempt to play it, I get the message: "Plugin Kontakt Pla not available". This is a composition with an .lso file suffix.

My guess is Logic is looking for the Kontakt player, while the new version of GPO is based on Aria. Is there any way to quickly convert these compositions so they use Aria based instruments? By quick, I mean without going in and manually changing all of the channel strips to use the correct instrument.

Thanks,

Dan Nessett

Re: converting kontakt based instruments to aria in logic 9

Quote Originally Posted by dnessett View Post
    I have just upgraded to an Intel based Mac. I took this opportunity to move to Logic Studio 9 (from Logic Express 8) and have just downloaded the upgrade to GPO and JABB from Garritan. When I open one of my previous compositions in Logic 9 and attempt to play it, I get the message: "Plugin Kontakt Pla not available". This is a composition with an .lso file suffix.

My guess is Logic is looking for the Kontakt player, while the new version of GPO is based on Aria. Is there any way to quickly convert these compositions so they use Aria based instruments? By quick, I mean without going in and manually changing all of the channel strips to use the correct instrument.

Thanks,

Dan Nessett
    I believe your question would be more appropriate for the Logic forum than the Garritan forum because it's a Logic problem, but there just might be someone handy who knows more about Logic than I do, which is nil.

Have you tried the Logic forum yet???

Arvid
    Arvid Hand
    Theory-Comp./Piano
    ASCAP

Quote Originally Posted by bionicbub View Post
    I believe your question would be more appropriate for the Logic forum than the Garritan forum because it's a Logic problem, but there just might be someone handy who knows more about Logic than I do, which is nil.

Have you tried the Logic forum yet???

Arvid
    I just cross-posted this question on the Logic Users Group forum. It wasn't exactly clear which forum was most appropriate. Hopefully, someone on one of them will be able to help.

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, you'll need to remap all of the MIDI channels in Logic to the new instances of Aria players and load the necessary instruments into Aria. Kontakt Player and Aria are two completely different sampler solutions. The good news is that the Aria instruments play pretty much identically to their Kontakt equivalents so you shouldn't need to edit any data in the midi tracks.

Reegs

Go Back to forum