• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opinions Sought for Best Oboe and EH

Share/Bookmark

Re: Opinions Sought for Best Oboe and EH

the x-sample oboe and cor anglias are ok, but I only use them with strange music. Dan Dean oboe & cor anglias are pretty good. The advaced orchesta oboe is usable.

I like the soft advanced orchestra oboe and english horn, but their loud samples leave something to be desired.

Opinions Sought for Best Oboe and EH

I\'m wondering if there is a consensus out there on whether the XSample oboe and EH is the best out there, or if there are others you might recommend. Especially for lyrical passages...thanks for any input.

In my opinion the best Oboe and EH samples belong to \"Solo Instruments II\" cd from Miroslav Vitous Library.
    Very natural sounds.

Antonio
    www.mp3.com/antoniogenovino

Agreed Antonio! The oboe and EH on Miroslavs \'solo instruments\' is fantastic.
    The soft english horn on Advanced Orchestra is very good to.
    By the way, if you guys want to hear some very impressive music using Advanced Orchestra and Miroslav, check out Antonios MP3s.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    Agreed Antonio! The oboe and EH on Miroslavs \'solo instruments\' is fantastic.
    The soft english horn on Advanced Orchestra is very good to.
    By the way, if you guys want to hear some very impressive music using Advanced Orchestra and Miroslav, check out Antonios MP3s.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like Miro and Advanced wins the toss. Wow, this gets expensive very, very fast!

tomhartman: Strange, this link seems to work fine with standard MS Internet Explorer 5. You can click the link directly or \"Save as\" and it should work.
    Or you can try - go to the adress: http://web.telecom.cz/ds/ ,and then download the file manually..

Dis,
    given the link points to the Czech Republic, are you Czech?

Sorry guys to be of topic here

Try THIS ENGLISH HORN. Of course I\'m not saying it\'s the best out there . But.. just try it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dis:
    Try THIS ENGLISH HORN. Of course I\'m not saying it\'s the best out there . But.. just try it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I clicked the link I just got a page with lots of text. Sorry for my ignorance on this....

Go Back to forum