• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Newsletter!

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee Newsletter!

Hi all,

Soon the Scarbee J-Fingered will be out and I also plan to make an update to J-slap during this summer.

The J-Slap update will contain \"Stanley Clarke\" Sustained notes: Played very hard with fingers behind the fret.
    There will also be extra \"nail-sustained\" notes to use for \"flamingo-plaing style\"

So please sign up to my newsletter by sending a mail to: news@scarbee.com

Full discretion off course...

Cheers

Thomas

PS: Please feel free to send me \"happy custumer quotes\" to use in my \"press room\"

Re: Scarbee Newsletter!

Scarbee, can you yet say what the slap additions will consist of (new samples, new articulations for old samples)? Will they work for GSampler users and how will they be distributed? Thanks!

I don\'t know if I\'ll sign up for a newsletter, I prefer to avoid unnecessary emails and prefer notifications here or on your website.

Then I will only add that for me, quotes won\'t tell me anything about a library that isn\'t better said with a good demo. The real question for me then is do the demos accurately represent the sound that _I_ will be able to get from a lib. Fortunately, your fine demos don\'t overstate the quality of this lib at all. It\'s a bit shocking but very cool what a fine funky bass I can score here...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    Hi all,

Soon the Scarbee J-Fingered will be out and I also plan to make an update to J-slap during this summer.

The J-Slap update will contain \"Stanley Clarke\" Sustained notes: Played very hard with fingers behind the fret.
    There will also be extra \"nail-sustained\" notes to use for \"flamingo-playing style\"

So please sign up to my newsletter by sending a mail to: news@scarbee.com

Full discretion off course...

Cheers

Thomas

PS: Please feel free to send me \"happy custumer quotes\" to use in my \"press room\"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Sam,

I will get into details with the samples, when I am making them - juli/august. My goal is to be able to reproduce ANY bass line! Everytime I hear something that my bass can\'t do, I will try to invent new stuff - a bassist like Marcus Miller is so fantastic, that he is constantly challenging me, I will first be truely satisfied with my own libraries, when I can \"imitate\" all his stuff - it will be a battle though. I regard this sampling project as an interesting scientific research: how far can we go in sampling?

The Slap updates will be downloadable from my web-site - and the prize will be very low or perhaps even free...

By the way - thanks for your comments, Sam.

C.U.

Thomas

Go Back to forum