• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Dead?

Share/Bookmark

Dead?

Is it me or has this forum taken a turn 6 feet under?

I most certainly hope not, this forum has been a rare, serious, appreciative, knowledgeable, and talented, community from which I've learned an enormous amount.

Is there another forum that I'm unaware of (aside from the KVR, Gearslutz, etc. that we all know of)?

Thanks again for all the great help and info here at NS.

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Re: Dead?

If you have body armour, you can check out KVRAudio. But even Eric Persing can get slapped around there for absolutely no reason so be forewarned!

I've noticed that too. much less traffic, fewer responses to questions. Also, the trend for the last few months has been less and less new threads, sometimes only a few new threads in a week!

Totally disappointing, I wonder why!

I know for me- I am just not doing anything that makes me ask a lot of questions. I jump on to see what new news is out there from Spectrasonics (or any helpful tips to issues I have not had yet). Besides that, I personally feel a real lack of any excitement in the music industry right now. It's almost like the recession finally hit it.

I think one of the reasons is new blood, when a new member comes on and maybe ask for help or a question some times I read some senior members giving them a hammering and telling them to not ask the questions hear but go to the Spectrosonic for help.

I remember when I 1st got Omni I came here for help and I got a friendly reply that made me want to stick around and get involved.

If was told to get lost and go to the spectro techs, I may of gone some where else for help.

There can be no better than to recieve help from those who use the same software even if the
    reply to our question are sometimes wrong.

Anyway this can be a small part of the problem.

The leaves fall off the tree at winter time, but when summer comes again the tree grows new leaves.

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram8gighz DDR21066hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update 5.1.1. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection. HALion Sonic VST Workstation upgrade.
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. ART DIGITAL MPA ll preamplifier. Samson CVALVE. BOSS Noise Suppressor. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

The new release of Stylus will spark things up a bit.

Re. "some times I read some senior members giving them a hammering and telling them to not ask the questions hear but go to the Spectrosonic for help."

----Well, personally I've not seen anyone getting a hammering here from senior or junior members. I do suggest though that there are times when advising someone to contact (Spectrasonics) support is not only good advice, but is the best answer to provide. There are some questions that can be handled on forums, and there are some that can't. Even Spectrasonics have advised people to contact their tech support people. So just because someone suggests this approach, it doesn't meant the person is trying to be rude or doesn't want to help. And let's be honest here, this is not the "Spectrasonics" forum nor are all members owners of their products. Anyway, much depends on the question. That dictates an appropriate answer, but I think we all need to remember that forum does not = tech support. For difficult technical support questions, I suggest that the first place to try to get help is....you guessed it tech support from the company that made the product.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

----Well, personally I've not seen anyone getting a hammering here from senior or junior members. I do suggest though that there are times when advising someone to contact (Spectrasonics)

Perhaps im over reacting, nethertheless this Forum has a wealth of information and alot of skillfull users of the spectro software,

The main thing is insperation to go forward with your project there is also alot of that here too.

Keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram8gighz DDR21066hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update 5.1.1. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection. HALion Sonic VST Workstation upgrade.
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. ART DIGITAL MPA ll preamplifier. Samson CVALVE. BOSS Noise Suppressor. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    The new release of Stylus will spark things up a bit.
    I haven't head anything about this....hope it's true!

I think some of the reason could be that as word spread that some of the heavy hitters perused this particular forum the dialogue and level of discussion was not quite as interesting to those at a deeper and higher level both in knowledge and experience. I know the primary reason I started participating in this collaborative was knowing Persing was afoot.

They may have formed their own forum somewhere.

~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

I agree that Northern Sounds used to be really vibrant. I only sporadically pop my head through the NS door now as nothing much seems to be going on here anymore.

There is a great forum elsewhere that a lot of ex-NS-ers have migrated to but for obvious reasons NS doesn't allow it to be posted here.

Nick

Go Back to forum