• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which One to Choose?

Share/Bookmark

Which One to Choose?

Hi: I am using Sonar. when I select GPO I have a choice of 4: Aria Player Multi VST 64 OR 86 and Aria Player VST 64 or 86. My OS is Windows Vista 64 bit. Thanks

Re: Which One to Choose?

Quote Originally Posted by maggiegirl View Post
    Hi: I am using Sonar. when I select GPO I have a choice of 4: Aria Player Multi VST 64 OR 86 and Aria Player VST 64 or 86. My OS is Windows Vista 64 bit. Thanks
    Hello Maggiegirl and a warm welcome to our forums.

First, I am replying with the latest GPO4 in mind.

The Aria Player 'Multi' has pre-configured combined groups of instruments. For example, Woodwind Quintet, Orchestral Woodwind Section, Trumpet, Trombone and Tuba Sections, Orchestral Percussion Section, String Quartet, Chamber Orchestra etc.

The 'standard' Aria Player has solo instruments and and 'same instrument' sections such as First Violins Section, Second violin sections and so on.

For full details of the available multi ensembles and instrumental section combinations see pages 146-147 of the GPO Manual.

Use the standard Aria Player if you are working with solo instruments or wish to build your own groups of instruments. Use the Aria Player Multi if you want a quick, ready-to-go instrumental ensemble or combined instrumental section.

AS regards 32 bit or 64 bit. You mention that you have Vista 64 bit but you don't mention which version of Sonar you have installed.

If you are using Sonar 64 Bit then use the 64 bit Aria, if you are using Sonar 32 bit then use the Aria 32 bit.

As an example. In my case I have Windows 7 64 bit but I am using Sonar 32 bit so I have to use the Aria 32 bit. As an aside, I am using Sonar in 32 bit mode simply because one of my essential plugin in Sonar is currently available only in 32 bit.

I hope this helps. Please post back if you need any further help.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Which One to Choose?

Hi maggiegirl,

Michael is addressing the preloaded multis presets available in GPO4, which are very useful to as a starting base. The Multi you see in a dropdown of the plugins refers to the number of outputs available to Aria.

Aria Multi provides up to 32 channels of output (16 stereo) allowing each loaded instrument to get its own audio track when you mix it down.

Aria (no multi indicated) provides a singe stereo output. For smaller projects this can simplify things since you can do all of your mixing from inside the plugin.

Best,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum