• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: MELODYNE DNA- Holy cow!

Share/Bookmark

MELODYNE DNA- Holy cow!

I finally got around to upgrading my Melodyne to the DNA version (64-bit version 1.2 was just released) and I am TOTALLY blown away! I reloaded a children’s choir track that I recorded a couple years ago…….and bless their little hearts........ but the kids were kind of off pitch wise. I loaded the track which was 2 -4 note harmonies sung in several octaves by 16 children..... and to my surprise, anywhere from 6 to 10 “blob” tracks (after 30 seconds of Melodyne’s processing) showed up. I was able to virtually manipulate each individual child’s pitch separately, and fixed what was a “pitches all over the place” performance into MUCH better take....... which now did not have to be masked by a sampled children’s choir which I originally had to use on top of the real performance. If you haven’t already, you REALLY need to check DNA out. I honestly did not have much hope that it would work this well, but I was wrong. Go Celemony!!!!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: MELODYNE DNA- Holy cow!

Yes, Melodyne is great.

Best,
    Mike

slightly off topic question- what version of melodyne do I need to purchase in order to get the melodyne plugin? Now that it is 64 bit, I can really make use of it in a big way!

-Alex

Hi Alex,
    The Melodyne plug-in has now basically been replaced by the "Melodyne Editor", so that's what you'll want to check out at the Celemony web site. Recent info on the Editor is as follows: "

Melodyne editor 1.2 with 64 bits and more
    Melodyne editor Version 1.2 is available for you right now. The highlight is support for 64-bit operation, which in compatible DAWs brings great advantages: Melodyne can be used on more tracks, processes longer transfers, and in doing so operates with considerably greater stability. A big plus in terms of performance and reliability, then, but also in terms of speed: the detection of the transferred material with Version 1.2 is up to 30% faster - even in 32-bit operation.
    The handling of transfer storage paths is easier in Version 1.2 and clearer too. In many DAWs (currently Cubase 5.5, Nuendo 5, Pro Tools LE/MP 8.0.4, Pro Tools HD 8.1), the saving of transfers is even automatic in the current DAW project - nothing could be easier. The list of DAWs supported by us and tested with Melodyne includes from Version 1.2 onwards also Sonar, Digital Performer, Nuendo and Studio One.
    Version 1.2 brings file format compatibility between Melodyne editor, assistant and essential. This means that the documents of each of the three editions can now be opened by the other two and edited with the functions and tools the latter provide.
    The saving of audio notes as MIDI is a popular creative function in Melodyne. It makes it possible, for example, to double a vocal line with a synthesizer sound. In Version 1.2, MIDI export is available not only in the Stand-Alone implementation of Melodyne but also in the various plug-ins, which for the MIDI data significantly shortens the route to the DAW."

Hope that helps.........................frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Any chance we could hear the original track, and then the fixed up version? I would be interested to see the difference.

I use it all the time, there is nothing that is even close.

I will post some things,...

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    I use it all the time, there is nothing that is even close.

I will post some things,...

Dan
    I'M WAITING!!! I always love hearing your audio work, so I'm actually a little curious to hear some examples.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Hi Keith,
    I just made a 15 minute long video, and need to do a small amount of editing and then I will post it here in a day or two. In the video I demonstrate pitch correction, phrasing, (timing) removing nervousness, creating harmony, changing a vocal to the opposite gender, correcting bad notes in a live guitar track, changing what chords he plays, replacing a real upright bass player with a Trillian upright ... I know I know,, why would anyone want to do that? I wouldn't, but it demonstrates how quickly and easily Melodyne can create a midi track from an audio track, even a live stereo acoustic piano track. YES it does that too!

Dan

Thumbs up Re: MELODYNE DNA- Holy cow!

Dan,

Many thanks in advance ! I have just downloaded the evaluation version of Melodyne and your video will be of great help.
    Pierre Laroche

I'm sorry I haven't posted my children's choir (from the original post) example, but I am a Melodyne novice and am still figuring it out. It took me a couple days just to figure out how to transfer the audio back into Cubase. All I know is that I am impressed so far.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Go Back to forum