• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT - well, Kinda. Wanted to share this with my forum friends! (vid and music by me)

Share/Bookmark

Cool OT - well, Kinda. Wanted to share this with my forum friends! (vid and music by me)

Hi Everyone!
    I just wanted to share this video with you. I shot this up in Northern Wisconsin in July of this year. I also wrote the music as well.

My In-law's have a cabin up in N. Wisconsin. We try to get there at least once a year. It is so awesome up there. It is like serious therapy.
    Anyway - I thought as it is getting colder now, this might warm you up a bit and make you want to go there. ENJOY!!!

For you techno-philes, Equipment used: Shot on a JVC Everio GZHD6 using a Letus35 Mini DOF adapter, mounted on a Glider. Canon 50mm f:1.4 SCC lens.

Music:

Solo Flute vibrato
    Bb Clarinet
    Oboe Modern 2
    Solo Bassoon 1
    Chromatic Harp #2
    Glockenspiel
    Garritan Steinway
    Solo Guarneri violin
    GPO strings mixed with GOS

Thanks for watching and listening.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: OT - well, Kinda. Wanted to share this with my forum friends! (vid and music by m

Dear Jerry,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. What a wonderfully produced video of a beautiful setting! The music was so graceful and lovely. If anyone is curious of the capabilities of the Garritan libraries your video surely shows all of its capabilities. I can't wait for next summer when my partner Karen and I will visit the Bayfield area again. Well done, Jerry.

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: OT - well, Kinda. Wanted to share this with my forum friends! (vid and music by m

Simply fabulous, Jerry - Superb. -- Hey, and something so nice about General Discussion is that there's really no such thing as an "OT" post. And your post is Music - how much more On topic can it be? Music with eye-popping photography--Man you have an incredible camera set up.

I love what you've done more than I can say. Thank you, Jerry!

Randy

HOLY CARP!
    THAT WAS FANTASTIC!

Makes me want a video setup like that....

Nice work Jerry!
    Dan

Absolutely mind-boggling AWESOME, Jerry.

This video is gorgeous and that "glide" makes it happen. I've used a
    similar product with very successful results. I must say that the
    accompanying music is also so very discriptive of what you were
    video taping. I can't think of anything better than what you wrote
    for this video.

Absolutely wonderfully pictorial and so very emotionally pleasing
    to experience as one listens (with eyes and ears) to both the
    music and visual splendor you have created.

BRAVO, Jerry

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Jerry,

Man, that's great stuff, both visually and musically. Of course, what would really make it complete is a big, green scaly foot coming down at the end (sorry, folks - if you haven't seen Bambi Meets Godzilla I guess that won't mean much to you).

I've been doing more video production this year myself. In fact, if you remember Dee from the Composer Channel, she's working with me on a web series comedy we'll be producing early next year. This video stuff is fun, ain't it?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    HOLY CARP!
    THAT WAS FANTASTIC!

Nice work Jerry!
    Dan
    It's a shame you guys aren't in Atlanta. Heaven only knows what mischief we could get into.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Dear Jerry,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. What a wonderfully produced video of a beautiful setting! The music was so graceful and lovely. If anyone is curious of the capabilities of the Garritan libraries your video surely shows all of its capabilities. I can't wait for next summer when my partner Karen and I will visit the Bayfield area again. Well done, Jerry.

Gary A.
    Thanks Gary! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Bayfield! I LOVE that place! We try to go to Bayfield every time we get up to N. Wisconsin. Applefest is one of my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Simply fabulous, Jerry - Superb. -- Hey, and something so nice about General Discussion is that there's really no such thing as an "OT" post. And your post is Music - how much more On topic can it be? Music with eye-popping photography--Man you have an incredible camera set up.

I love what you've done more than I can say. Thank you, Jerry!

Randy
    Thanks Randy! I guess you are right about this not really being OT. I am happy you enjoyed this. I love doing this type of stuff.

HOLY CARP!
    THAT WAS FANTASTIC!

Nice work Jerry!
    Dan
    Thanks DAN! I think you've done more to inspire me with your own photography than you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Absolutely mind-boggling AWESOME, Jerry.

This video is gorgeous and that "glide" makes it happen. I've used a
    similar product with very successful results. I must say that the
    accompanying music is also so very discriptive of what you were
    video taping. I can't think of anything better than what you wrote
    for this video.

Absolutely wonderfully pictorial and so very emotionally pleasing
    to experience as one listens (with eyes and ears) to both the
    music and visual splendor you have created.

BRAVO
    , Jerry

Jack
    Hi Jack, Thanks for your comments. Yes, the glider makes a HUGE impact. That slight motion really adds depth and gives you control over what the audience focuses on. I made mine. Thanks for your comments about the music. It's simple, but descriptive and supports and enhances the visual content. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan View Post
    Jerry,

Man, that's great stuff, both visually and musically. Of course, what would really make it complete is a big, green scaly foot coming down at the end (sorry, folks - if you haven't seen Bambi Meets Godzilla I guess that won't mean much to you).

I've been doing more video production this year myself. In fact, if you remember Dee from the Composer Channel, she's working with me on a web series comedy we'll be producing early next year. This video stuff is fun, ain't it?
    Thanks! That is great that you are working on a web series comedy Christopher! I look forward to seeing it. I love the Bambi meets Godzilla reference. That is a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan View Post
    It's a shame you guys aren't in Atlanta. Heaven only knows what mischief we could get into.
    Uhm... no comment.

Thanks again for your comments everyone. It really means a lot to me.

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Jerry, I just watched this again... it is so awesome,
    I think you should post this in the Listening Room too!

Dan

Jerry, I just watched this again... it is so awesome,
    I think you should post this in the Listening Room too!

Dan
    Thanks again Dan!

OK - As per your suggestion, I posted this on the Listening Room as well. I'm glad you liked it.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Go Back to forum