• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Brass Seer"

Share/Bookmark

"The Brass Seer"

Y'all,

This is a re-visit to my "The Brass Seer", which I wrote using the Garritan Concert and Marching Band brass (trumpets, 'bones, "French" horns, baritones and tubas).

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "The Brass Seer"

Very skillfully written & arranged.
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by voclizr View Post
    Very skillfully written & arranged.
    JB
    Thanks for listening and responding.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Mr. Larry -

Do you write your music down on manuscript paper before you sequence your composition? I believe that I asked you this before, a year or two years or three years ago. I honestly don't remember your exact answer (I have a hard time remembering my own name), but I believe that you said that you didn't write down those notes before sequencing your music.

So. . . if you don't write down and develop your composition on manuscript paper, how do you keep it all organized? Your compositions always seem thoughtfully developed. The contrapuntal stuff, alone, seems that it would require "figuring it all out" on manuscript paper.

You are also one of my favorite composers. I love listening to your music. I most certainly appreciate and respect the craft involved in creating your compositions. And if you really do NOT write down each note on manuscript paper (which I think you mentioned one year that you don't), then I am even more amazed and respectful to your skills in creating your music.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to your composition, Mr. Larry! And, Cheers to you!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Mister Theodore,

I compose note-by-note and enter each note into my computer sequencing program (Sonar) with my mouse. I am cursed with the ability to hear many notes simultaneously.

Thanks for having a listen and thank you for your message. It's always good to hear from you.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Dang, Mr. Larry! I want the curse that you have!! If you ever find yourself with a few extra moments of time, please feel free to work some kind of magic and curse me with that ability! LOL!

Larry. . . it really is impressive to me that such music can be created in such a way. Very cool!

Now, I'm going go back to my manuscript paper and continue this one composition, started about seven MONTHS ago, and write down, one note at a time, some more stuff! LOL!

Cheers. . .

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Dang, Mr. Larry! I want the curse that you have!! If you ever find yourself with a few extra moments of time, please feel free to work some kind of magic and curse me with that ability! LOL!

Larry. . . it really is impressive to me that such music can be created in such a way. Very cool!

Now, I'm going go back to my manuscript paper and continue this one composition, started about seven MONTHS ago, and write down, one note at a time, some more stuff! LOL!

Cheers. . .

Ted
    I have my magic wand out and will wave it a few times.

Your wife is very pretty. Why can't I get nurses like that when I have to go to the hospital? Dang!

Ol' Lar'
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

LOL! Thank you, Larry, for attempting to share some of the music magic! LOL!

Now. . . with regards to my wife. . . She is very beautiful. I'm lucky to have such a loving, talented and beautiful wife. We've been married for 24+ years now!

But. . . Larry. . . if you want to see her as a nurse in a hospital, you have to be out-cold on an operating table, on a ventilator machine with either your brain or spinal cord exposed to the world!!! LOL! It probably would be best to meet my lovely wife when she's not nursing. Heck! Consider this an invitation to have a dinner with us whenever or if ever you find yourself near New Lebanon, New York. Beside being a very talented O.R. nurse, she's a really, really, really great cook!

Cheers!

Ted

Thank you for the invitation, Mister Ted.

Nice talking with you. Take care, you two.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum